Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Engine swap

Old 08-19-2008, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Engine swap

Hi guys, I would like to get some help from you guys to help me in this project. My project is as follow, I wanna install a supercharged 6.0 LS2 vortec engine in my JK using my stock transmission .My question is there any transmission adapter for this engine and second thing is, I am looking for engine mount kit for this kinda engines. Thanks a lot for yor help guys.

regards,

khalid
Old 08-19-2008, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have not seen anything like this, but I'm not the expert on this issue. AEV just released a kit for the Hemi, but as far as mounting a GM engine with the Jeep tranmission--I don't think your going to find that anywhere. Plus, I don't think the stock Jeep transmission would be able to handle the power out of that motor. Supercharged LS2, your probably well over 500hp. There are a couple of sponsors on this forum that may be able to give you some advice. I'd say that cop4x4 and screamin lizard would be your best chance as they do a lot of highly custom Jeeps.

I'd love to see an LS7 in a JK

Cheers Khalid!
Old 08-19-2008, 03:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
A stock tranny with a super charged LS2? U R kidding, right?
If not the joke comes to an abbreviated end when you drop the clutch from about 2500 rpm.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

sry man that trans is not going to hold up. and the drive shaft think about an aftermarket one. and some better suspension
Old 08-19-2008, 03:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Can you say transmission grenade? ...and driveshafts....and axles....and............
Old 08-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Tom from PSC and I talked about doing a LS motor swap, the PCM is the only issue. It may happen in the future though.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:20 PM
JK Super Freak

It wouldn't be 50-state legal would it?...not sure if he even wants it to be trail only...but I think some states require the engine to be by the same manufacturer as the vehicle it's going into...I may be wrong but that would give good reason for the HEMI
Old 08-19-2008, 06:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It would be an interesting swap to say the least. My son and I are fixing to put an LS3 and six speed into an 88 short bed S-10.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
It would be an interesting swap to say the least. My son and I are fixing to put an LS3 and six speed into an 88 short bed S-10.
I always wanted a v8 s-10
Old 08-19-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
It wouldn't be 50-state legal would it?...not sure if he even wants it to be trail only...but I think some states require the engine to be by the same manufacturer as the vehicle it's going into...I may be wrong but that would give good reason for the HEMI
Might take note: The OP is located in Dubai
A very beautiful and very wealthy country. The CEO refuses to be called anything other than a CEO, even though he is more of a king or president, etc.
Awesome thought... There are some really awesome JK's there to.

ps. No laws relate to matching manufacturers, engine, body etc. You are allowed to modify as you wish, with very few limits. One of the reasons we can mod our Jeeps, but the factory can not ( at least is very limited in what they can offer). The factory's limitations are not ours. (thank a tree hugger for these kind of laws/restrictions)

Quick Reply: Engine swap