Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tuff Stuff Winches

Old 09-11-2008, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Let me make myself clear. I never said some of that stuff was not good quality. I simply said that for the same money, you can buy an American made product. Even if by chance you get one made in Mexcio, it's still an American company. With the overseas stuff, how do you know it's not assembled by some eight year old girl in a sweat shop? The tuff stuff winch seems to have all of the good things you look for in a winch. It's high HP, series wound and has what appears to be great pulling numbers bt layer. BUT, how is that company's reputation for handling warranty claims? What IS the warranty? 90 days? One year? Can you get replacement parts easily? As far as the difference in the pulling capacity, how does that company measure it? Whose to say that a Warn M8000 won't out pull it? Then again, it might not. With the Warn, you get a KNOWN product. THAT'S enough difference for me right there.
no, i got your point and understood what you were saying and appreciate the responses. i was just asking - assume everything else is the same (quality, warranty, hell - even assume it was made in the us by an american company) what other things on that spec sheet should i be focusing on and should i not place as much significance on pulling capacity? you've answered my questions - just wanted to clarify
Old 09-11-2008, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

Any company that is hip enough to spell "tough" as "tuff" must be quality...
Old 09-11-2008, 06:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JKsJK
no, i got your point and understood what you were saying and appreciate the responses. i was just asking - assume everything else is the same (quality, warranty, hell - even assume it was made in the us by an american company) what other things on that spec sheet should i be focusing on and should i not place as much significance on pulling capacity? you've answered my questions - just wanted to clarify
I would look at the amperage draw, the rated pull according to what layer you're on....just pretty much the whole spec sheet. Warn has all of that available on their site as well. You can compare the two. That's what I'd do. Truthfully, it sounds like a pretty good winch. I almost bought a Smittybilt. I just couldn't do it. I buy enough of that chinese junk from Wal Mart as it is. I don't want to support um too much.

Last edited by doojer; 09-11-2008 at 06:45 AM. Reason: edited racial epithet
Old 01-20-2009, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
For the same money, 499, you can get a Warn M8000. I got one. Somebody on here was tellin me when I said Warn was made in USA that they now have a factory in Mexico. While that is true, "MY" winch had "MADE IN USA" on the box, and is also stamped in the case on the winch itself. Doesn't really matter to me. Mexico is better than communist China. It's still a Warn. That beats the snot out of any of that chinese stuff.
I haven't seen the Warn M8000 touch that $499 price.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was 525 pretty recently and I got mine for 560 in november. While it isnt 499, its pretty close and the right sale would get you to 499. I think the point was in that price range, you can get a reputable winch from a reputable company.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Tuff Stuff ?????

Hey, I'm looking for the same answer. DOES ANYONE OWN A TUFF STUFF WINCH? Is it really worth my $$$$.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't know but I just got a new JC Whitney Jeep edition and there are several great winch deals there.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:37 PM
JK Freak

Ive been reading up on Recon
Recon 264100PPW 10,500lb Performance Winch
And alot of other posts from different sites seem to like them alot. Especially since they are water proof, and it is about $462 shipped with a 3 yr warranty.

Quick Reply: Tuff Stuff Winches