Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zone Offroad 3" Lift Kit

Old 09-15-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zone Offroad 3" Lift Kit

I just wanted to let everybody know that after a long debate and research I am going to try the Zone Offroad 3" lift kit on my 4dr JK. Does not look like it has been really tried and tested but I am willing to give it a shot. This will include the steering stabilizer and front control arm cam locks. Once installed, I have a set of Pro Comp 8179's, 15x10 wrapped in 35x12.5 Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrains. Will post some before and after pics as well as install pics once it is complete. Hopefully this weekend or next if my orders are not delayed by the recent bad weather and I don't lose any more trees. I'll keep you posted and I would love to hear any possible issuees that I may encounter (ESP) or food for thought by any of you old-timers or Jeep tech guys out there.

Last edited by deputydog; 09-15-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Zone Lift

I got the 2 in Zone lift on now-and the 3 inch on the way. I have a friend who owns a truck shop, and he told me that Zone is owned by the same company as BDS, and when I called Zone last week-he confirmed it. That put my mind at ease knowing that at least there is some background to this company. I am running 33 13.5 18 mtz's now and that is what I will continue to run. Let me know how your install goes.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good luck...post pics when you get in on
Old 09-15-2008, 11:40 PM
JK Junkie

Congrats...Post pics when you can...

Here's a link to another member who had installed that exact same lift you are getting...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...highlight=zone

You can probably PM that member to see how the lift has been coming along. Just my opinion & others may chime in & give you some pros or cons, but you should invest in an adjustable front lower or upper control arms rather then using those cam bolts..."The OE lower control mounts are perforated from the factory. The perforated sections must be removed to accept the new cam bolts supplied in the kit." Some say those cam bolts have a tendency to work themselves loose and if you were to later upgrade your control arms, you would have to find a way to fill the hole that has been widen...

Last edited by aldaman; 09-15-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

not really....
just move the cam bolts all the way forward for the front and then adjust via arm. the forces against the bolt will keep it in place.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:24 AM
JK Super Freak

i saw those zone off road lifts as well, let us know how it goes.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:28 PM
JK Newbie

any word yet?
Old 09-23-2008, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Everything came in. Zone Offroad shipped it out Monday and I got it Tuesday. Super fast shipping. The kit looks great and heavy duty. Rims and Tires came in from 4 Wheel Parts on Thuirsday. They look mean. The only problem is I live in south west Ohio and I just got power up last week end from hurrican IKE's leftovers. With that said, all is a go to do the lift this Friday and i will let you know. I will post thew pics this weekend and let you know how it goes.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wagonofdoom
not really....
just move the cam bolts all the way forward for the front and then adjust via arm. the forces against the bolt will keep it in place.
Why bother to have them if you can only use one setting to make sure they don't move under load. If they will move when you use any other setting then they don't really work as intended.

Just get the adjustable arms and call it a day. Besides most aftermarket arms will stand-up to a lot more abuse than the stock stamped arms.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Let us know how the install goes...also what tires you are running!
I have the 3" Zone kit sitting in the shop waiting to be installed!

Quick Reply: Zone Offroad 3" Lift Kit