Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Phone Dock

Old 06-17-2019, 06:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Phone Dock

I added a radio with Apple play and a dock would be much better than the cord I was using.

The Elevation Lab CordDock is a dock with a perfect feature, when you tip the iPhone forward it pops free with the cord still on, when you pull straight up the cord stays on the dock.

The dock is intended for a desk so I need a flat spot for it and our Jeeps don't have one of those so i came up with this.

Its a comercial grade black cutting board that i got an Amazon for about $10. I cut a 3" wide piece and drilled an angled hole with a 1/2" bit. I angled the bit back and forth to make the oblong hole needed for the shifter pole.

I cut a small strip of the plastic and mounted it on the underside to make the platform sit level. I tried heat and glue but eventually screwed it in place.

I also had some felt strips with adhesive on one side I used to make it sit quietly.

The platform does alow shifting all the way to 4-Low but not with a phone docked. I would go cord only once your path gets a little rough.

Happily the dock is very stable and works just as intended. I did drill a small hole thru the dock and directly behind it for a black zip tie to hold it in place.

It makes for a very versatile platform I imagine you could mount lots of different things to.
The following users liked this post:
Gear_Dog (08-05-2019)

Quick Reply: Phone Dock