Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Transmission Questions

Old 12-14-2013, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Questions

Hello,

I have an 2009 JK, automatic, 2 door. I just had the tranny rebuild 10/30/2013. On Tuesday, 12/10/2013, driving to work, I noticed it was not shifting. At 40mph, I was at 4000rpm. So, I called the shop, they say everything is under warranty, even the labor, so I take it in. On Thursday, they say it was a bad solenoid they were going to replace, would have an electrician look at it & we would be back on road by Friday. Friday, they say the part did not come in, but it should be there Saturday. The shop is usually closed, but the owner would be there.

So, now it's Saturday. My husband calls & owner says he isn't sure what is wrong, it is throwing codes, the solenoid is not getting signal from computer & that could be $400 and they were going to test on Monday. I'm pissed!

So my questions are: do computers just go bad suddenly? I have been driving daily since the initial pick up on 10/30/2013. After we picked it up, we had codes read at the Kragen/Chiefs up the street and it showed the EVAP code which I don't think has anything to do with the tranny.

What other symptoms would I have it it was the computer? The only other issue I have is the slight wobble at 52-55mph, which does not relate to the tranny because I have had this since day 1.

Any input on this would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what mods have been done to the Jeep?

why was the trans rebuilt to begin with?

how many total miles?
Old 12-15-2013, 12:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OH9JK
what mods have been done to the Jeep?

why was the trans rebuilt to begin with?

how many total miles?
It has 35 in tires, 3 inch lift.

Tranny rebuilt at 86k miles, it was not shifting (at all), hot oil light, metal shavings in the tranny pan, black tranny fluid.

It has been my daily driver since 2010. I drive about 50 miles round trip to work & back. The trails we take, I would rate a 3.0 or less because it is my DD.

Quick Reply: Transmission Questions