Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Radio Wiring Harness

Old 05-07-2008, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Wiring Harness

Hey guys, I recently got a 2008 JK sahara with the infinity system and I am going to be upgrading the audio very soon. I need to buy a wiring harness for the head unit but not sure which to get. I can get the first one half off which is why I am leaning towards it.

PAC C2R-CHY2
hxxp://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...2RCHY2&tp=3486

or

Metra XSVI-6522
hxxp://www.audiooutfitter.com/xsvi-6...a/p674981.html

Will either work or do they both do different things?

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by JackMac4; 05-07-2008 at 07:52 AM. Reason: please do not direct link to non-sponsors!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, the 6522 will NOT work for you. you'll need either the PAC one or the correct Metra harness, the Metra CHTO-03.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Ok so the PAC harness I listed will work though, perfect thanks!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:51 AM
JK Jedi

Well its supposed to work, but I've only heard of one person using it so far and I didn't hear good things. If you get it please let us know how it goes...

the only tried and true harness is the CHTO-03, but the PAC hasn't been out very long and the Metra harnesses have been out for quite awhile.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I used the PAC, works mint. I have a JVC AVX810 head unit with DVD player. Everything works perfect
Old 05-13-2008, 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

Ok I got the Pac harness, now for my next question. Will these wiring harnesses work if I am replacing the amp as well? All the instructions I have read assume you are using the amp and just replacing the head unit. I guess I'm just a little confused as to why I even need this thing if I am bypassing the factory amp altogether.

Thanks again.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:19 PM
JK Jedi

you'll want the harness either way yes, in order to interface with the CANbus. Typically with all harnesses you use them to easily get your power and other information without splicing. It also gives you access to the factory speakers, but if you're not going to use them, you'll just use the preouts on your HU. Either way you'll still have the stock speaker availability which is good should you decide to rip all your stuff out down the line. Which is why I prefer to leave stock wiring and just run new wiring for new speakers..that way its easy to go back.

Originally Posted by messier1129
Ok I got the Pac harness, now for my next question. Will these wiring harnesses work if I am replacing the amp as well?
So yes, they will work as well.

That help explain it?

Last edited by JackMac4; 05-13-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:11 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah that helped, thanks. We will see how it goes this weekend.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
No, the 6522 will NOT work for you. you'll need either the PAC one or the correct Metra harness, the Metra CHTO-03.
will this metra CHTO-03 work with the non infinity system
Old 06-02-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by MaloCS
Okay... so what's the deal? Several of you guys say the PAC harness doesn't fit and then others say it works like a charm. Who do I believe?

Purty pleeze... would it be possible for the guys that are using the PAC harness to list the year/model of their Jeep and if they have the Infinity system or not? Could you also state who you purchased it from and when you ordered it? MAybe the incompatible connectors where a factory mishap on the first version of the harness that has since been resolved.

Thanks.
Yeah I've heard one say good and one say bad now. The PAC hasn't been used very much by people on this forum, whereas the Metra has.

If you buy it from Crutchfield and it doesn't work, I'd imagine they'd take it back. It's if you buy it from some shady online place that you gotta worry.

Quick Reply: Radio Wiring Harness