Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Faulty Brake Caliper

Old 11-02-2008, 07:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faulty Brake Caliper

Just curious if anyone is having any issues with uneven pad wear...

My rear passenger side pads are are wearing EXTREMELY unevenly.

The one the touches the piston on the caliper is approximately worn down 2x what the outer pad is.

Would this qualify as a bad caliper... think the dealer would cover it under warranty or should i just replace it myself?
Old 11-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's worth a shot for a free repair as long as you don't go back to your regular dealer. They'll just say it was mud.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

What does the other side look like? Generally the pad that rides on the piston wears faster.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by retired
What does the other side look like? Generally the pad that rides on the piston wears faster.
the other side (i assume you mean of the vehicle) are fine... about what the outer pad on the bad side looks like... the piston pad is almost down to the metal... either way, I have to replace the pads before tellico this weekend and the most important thing is getting my ETC fixed

Quick Reply: Faulty Brake Caliper