Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Rough Country Jeep JK Wrangler 4" Suspension Lift Installation Write-Up

Old 05-21-2008, 11:17 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up Rough Country Jeep JK Wrangler 4" Suspension Lift Installation Write-Up

One of the nicest features of the Jeep JK Wrangler is that it was essentially designed to sit on 35" tires. At least, if you’ve ever seen a JK on 35’s, you almost have to wonder why they didn’t just come like that from the factory. However, in order to get your Jeep JK Wrangler to clear 35" tires on the trail without any rubbing or other issues, you will need to get it sitting on at least 3"-4" of lift. While there are multiple ways to get you to this height, a true suspension lift (i.e. new taller coils and components to match) is what I would recommend and thanks to Rough Country Suspension Systems, you can now do this upgrade for about $575 and in just a few hours out of your day.

Rough Country Jeep JK Wrangler
4" Suspension Lift Installation Write-Up

Last edited by wayoflife; 05-27-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice write up. Thanks. So, are you saying there will be no driveshaft mods necessary?
Old 05-21-2008, 11:31 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

On a 2-door, I would highly recommend that you get a new rear driveshaft and adjustable upper control arms to dial in your pinion angle. It's not necessary right away but I have seen one too many cases where the CV boots will evenutally tear and of course, the joints start to fail shortly thereafter. If you have a stick, you will not need a new front shaft. If you have an automatic, you can drop your skid plate a bit to help clear the front drive shaft boot but getting a new U-Joint style double cardin shaft would be the better way to go.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who doesn't want to replace the tail shaft and drive shaft on a jeep? Is it necessary on our 4" jk kit? No it is not. We spent countless hours making sure the drive shaft would work with our 4" kit however if the kit one purchases give more than 4"s then a drive shaft is necessary. We made sure that our coils give exactly 4"s of lift to keep from having any drive line problems. Thank you guys for all your support and business.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great! that is some great flex! love the jeep.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:01 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow Toad, your Jeep sure is coming along nicely, I really like the stance.

Quick Reply: Rough Country Jeep JK Wrangler 4" Suspension Lift Installation Write-Up