Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tatton Driveshafts???

Old 04-08-2009, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JackMac4... Discouraging Report...

Originally Posted by JackMac4
I haven't been very happy with Tatton driveshafts. Unbelievably offbalanced from the start. Next time I'll probably go with Coast or Tom Woods
Hi JackMac4,

How recently did you purchase you Tatton shafts?

Did you have them rebalanced by someone close to you, or did you have Tatton rebalance them?

I'm also curious at what speed you experienced problems.

I'd like to believe that everything will be good when I install the Tattons; but, I also want to make sure I have my eyes wide open.

Thanks for any additional feedback you can provide.

Jeff
Old 04-08-2009, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have been running the Tatton shafts for a while now. No issues what so ever. I did have to install adjustable rear upper control arms to get my pinion angle where it needed to be (4 inch lift on a 2 door). I paid $425 for my rear shaft with all hardware. That included the shipping and I had it in 3 days. I have wheeled it hard and no issues.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff09
Hi JackMac4,

How recently did you purchase you Tatton shafts?

Did you have them rebalanced by someone close to you, or did you have Tatton rebalance them?

I'm also curious at what speed you experienced problems.

I'd like to believe that everything will be good when I install the Tattons; but, I also want to make sure I have my eyes wide open.

Thanks for any additional feedback you can provide.

Jeff
I purchased them in November. I had them rebalanced locally. Experienced vibes above 60mph.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Tatton Driveshaft Install

Hi Everyone,

I completed the installation of the Tatton Driveshafts a few weeks ago, and finally hit the trail with the JK this past weekend.

The driveshafts worked great... both on the trails and on the highway on the way to the park. We travelled at 70 mph+ on the highway an hour each way with no vibration issues of any type either on the highway or on the trails.

Jeff
Old 07-01-2013, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

I've got a vibration once I hit about 55 mph and gets worse as I continue to accelerate. I'm going to play with the castor this weekend and change the angle a bit. If that doesn't do it, off they come to check the balance. I'll post more when I know more.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:44 AM
JK Junkie

^ very old thread but, how much lift do you have ? Front pinion angle ?

Quick Reply: Tatton Driveshafts???