Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tatton Driveshafts???

Old 12-15-2008, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tatton Driveshafts???

Who is using the Tatton drive shafts? I have heard all about how you can get a Tatton shaft with everything needed in for around $250. I called him this weekend and he told me it would be $425 for my 2 door JK with 4.5" lift. Has anybody else used Tatton? If so, how much did it cost you?
Old 12-15-2008, 08:48 AM
JK Super Freak

I could not quite get the cost to be the same they advertised on ebay, but they are fair. I wasn't sure what options I needed so I decided to buy an off-the-shelf option from Reel. Tatton's quality appears good, and they seem to know what they're selling (so much so that I was unsure about the options). They are also the maker of the private label shafts for one of our sponsors.
Originally Posted by bone
Who is using the Tatton drive shafts? I have heard all about how you can get a Tatton shaft with everything needed in for around $250. I called him this weekend and he told me it would be $425 for my 2 door JK with 4.5" lift. Has anybody else used Tatton? If so, how much did it cost you?
Old 12-15-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've corresponded with him some. He knows what he's doing.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

So I want to resurrect this thread... Anyone running tatton driveshafts? How do they compare to tom woods, je reel, etc.???

I got a quote for both shafts 1310, using spicer ujoints for my 4" lift of around $450 shipped. Seems like an incredible deal...Any thoughts? Are all 1310 driveshafts created the same, is there a difference between these and those offered by reel, woods, or any others?

Hopefully someone out there is running these driveshafts and can attest to their reliability.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:23 AM
JK Freak

I can! Moab tested 3 times!! Have had it for over a year and no probs! Way cheaper than I could find from others. Tattons installed it for me too! Stated they would stand behind their product....but if I don't have any problems, how can I prove that?! Their shop is in Salt Lake City so I had to give em a chance!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default joneszj... Tatton

Originally Posted by joneszj
So I want to resurrect this thread... Anyone running tatton driveshafts? How do they compare to tom woods, je reel, etc.???

I got a quote for both shafts 1310, using spicer ujoints for my 4" lift of around $450 shipped. Seems like an incredible deal...Any thoughts? Are all 1310 driveshafts created the same, is there a difference between these and those offered by reel, woods, or any others?

Hopefully someone out there is running these driveshafts and can attest to their reliability.
Hi joneszj,

I can't comment on the reliability (yet). I can comment on the quality and the price.

I received front and rear driveshafts from Tatton last week. I will be doing the install later this week, or maybe next week. They both look great (not that looking great means much in the long-term).

The price I paid was the same (within a few dollars) as what I would have paid for Tom Wood or Coast.

I'll post any future experiences.

Jeff
Old 04-08-2009, 01:12 PM
JK Freak

I see the 1310/1350 Tatton's advertised on ebay. Do these prices include the flanges/end yokes? Are they a direct bolt on replacement?
Old 04-08-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Those prices DO NOT include yokes. You will be 425 or so with yokes. I bought mine last week had them shipped overnight and couldn't be happier. I don't think there is a much cheaper option, all these shops we have talked about use high quality parts and they are expensive. I tested mine in Moab on as high as level 8 trails for the last five days with no problems.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default river2c... I Couldn't Find the JK Shafts on Ebay

Originally Posted by river2c
I see the 1310/1350 Tatton's advertised on ebay. Do these prices include the flanges/end yokes? Are they a direct bolt on replacement?
Hi river2c,

I couldn't find the correct shaft on Ebay. I called the telephone number that I found listed on the Ebay site.

The price I paid included everything required... and, no, they are not a direct bolt-on replacement.

Thanks

Jeff
Old 04-08-2009, 02:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't been very happy with Tatton driveshafts. Unbelievably offbalanced from the start. Next time I'll probably go with Coast or Tom Woods

Quick Reply: Tatton Driveshafts???