Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

handling question

Old 06-29-2013, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default handling question

is it possible to have a 6" lift and still have really good handling like my 3.5" aev lift? if not, what is the limit for good on road handling, 4.5, 5.5 ?. I do some light trails, but mostly dive on the road/hwy and want to sit higher without loosing the way my jku rides now
Old 06-29-2013, 07:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would stick with what you have. You would have to spend a lot of money to have relatively good handling. Included would be going to a long arm kit for sure, driveshafts front and rear,and draglink would have to be addressed like a flip kit. If it was me I would go flat flares and 37tire route before I would do what your contemplating.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Biggy
I would stick with what you have. You would have to spend a lot of money to have relatively good handling. Included would be going to a long arm kit for sure, driveshafts front and rear,and draglink would have to be addressed like a flip kit. If it was me I would go flat flares and 37tire route before I would do what your contemplating.
i have draglink flip kit and front shaft. was considering just moving up to aev's 4.5" springs and bumpstops before i put on 37's cause my jeep seems to sit a little lower since i installed front and rear bumper & winch.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends on how wide and long you want to go. Wheel backspace, type of arms, any stretch, and axle width are all going to come into play.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just want to sit a little higher without loosing the great handling i have now
Old 07-03-2013, 01:50 AM
JK Junkie

Don't count in it ^
6" is a ton of lift and without cutting CA mounts and relocating them with longer arms.
Also roll centers, raising the rear TB and front along with a drag link flip to keep drag link/TB parallel.

Quick Reply: handling question