Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Several warning lights on dash......

Old 01-04-2009, 11:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Several warning lights on dash......

Today i was waiting to go into the car wash and all of a sudden my dash lit up like a christmas tree. Several lights came on at one time; the "abs", "brake", "esp ras", and the other esp (car skidding) light came on all at one time. I tried disconnecting the battery for a while then hnooking it back up, but it just did the same thing. Has anyone had this happen to them before? Im sure this will wind up being a trip to the dealer. No doubt its gonna be a bunch of crap about mods and warranty. Any suggestions?

thanks

corey d
Old 01-04-2009, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

could be the TIPM (fancy word for underhood fuse box) got a little water in it?

if you have a code scanner, use it. if not sounds like a trip to the stealership may be necessary!
Old 01-04-2009, 03:01 PM
JK Freak

I had this happen to me within the first week I took delivery of mine. Get to the dealer and get them to check your ABS module, it sounds like it might have malfunctioned like mine did.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Adam3612
I had this happen to me within the first week I took delivery of mine. Get to the dealer and get them to check your ABS module, it sounds like it might have malfunctioned like mine did.
Im sure its something simple. Im just worried about them not wanting to fix it under warranty because of my lift and tires. i will be so pissed......

corey d
Old 01-04-2009, 04:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Tell them they have to unless they can prove the lift and tires caused the computer to have a problem. And since other people have it without lifts, they will have a hard time proving it.
Magnusson-Moss Act is your friend.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:23 PM
JK Super Freak

took it to the dealer. hope they dont try to figure out a way not to cover it under warranty.

corey d
Old 01-05-2009, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's like Christmas everyday in my jeep. I just ignore the lights and keep going. I've found that the lights in my jeep and the voices in my head work together. By ignoring the lights I can help to silence the voices.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine just came on today. Perfect timing since we have 3" of snow over night and will having freezing rain all day. I've got a trip to the stealership scheduled for tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Went to the dealership yesterday after 4 hours they came to the conclusion that the abs controller went bad. Going back on Monday to get a new one installed.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Duma3421
Went to the dealership yesterday after 4 hours they came to the conclusion that the abs controller went bad. Going back on Monday to get a new one installed.
Typically when the dashboard lights up like a christmas tree its the ABS Module. There are so many of the vehicles functions tied into it that if it malfunctions almost all of your warning lights will come on. Hope they covered it under warranty.

Quick Reply: Several warning lights on dash......