Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

2 door custom rear seat (bucket replacing bench)

Old 08-07-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats

Looks good man...I think I may try this on my X!
Old 08-07-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is amazing!
Where did you find matching seats?
Old 08-07-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by speed2005
this is amazing!
Where did you find matching seats?
My son is just over 2 years old now. Done plenty of mods, but this is the one necessity that turned the 2 door into a functional daily driver with an infant.

If any of you are interested in further details, just PM me with a number and/or email. Happy to let you know what I do. Goes for the part finding as well. Not a big secret, but searches the country for what you want.

This is a simple mod for sure. Should a second child show up... that mod will be far more challenging to figure out. But I guess I'd have at least 8 months for that challenge.

Best part about this situation, is that the factory seats were the most suitable. So it still looks factory. In fact, if/when anybody even notices, they usually ask me how to make the rear bench separate in the middle.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is exactly what I'm going for.....Now if I could only find a seat and the mounts for the seat I'll be in business!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by baz0157
That is exactly what I'm going for.....Now if I could only find a seat and the mounts for the seat I'll be in business!!!
2 door needs no mounting hardware. Trim the carpet where needed and bolt directly through the floor on the factory sliders. I had a custom shop do it, just for added safety (they've done plenty of custom seats), but they said it is simply a bolt through the floor application.

Just be sure you have an extra person (with a little weight) to press the bolts far enough through. Removing all carpet altogether makes this easier, but I had them keep all carpet they could.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info! hopefully can find a seat soon... carpet won't be an issue, I have bedlined the interior of the jeep...
Old 08-28-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

Hi.
it is since I bought my JK 2D in 12/2010 that this idea was in my mind, you just made it true.
Just got the Corbeau A4 in grey and black, the 2 factory seats will go replacing the bucket.

thanks for making my dream true

F
Old 08-30-2015, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

I know I am digging this up from the past but do you have a pick of the Jeep with the top off? I am looking at options for a little more leg room in the back for my 12 year old son that is 5' 10" so I am looking for how close to the top of the roll bar his head will be. I am looking at adding a bar across the rear of the cage.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by duluthjk
I know I am digging this up from the past but do you have a pick of the Jeep with the top off? I am looking at options for a little more leg room in the back for my 12 year old son that is 5' 10" so I am looking for how close to the top of the roll bar his head will be. I am looking at adding a bar across the rear of the cage.
I sold the 2 door for a 4 door 3-1/2 years ago, so can't get the pictures you want. In short, the seat sliders will allow for comfort for taller people (I'm 6'1" and tested that), but I'm not sure I'd trust the safety. If I recall correctly, your son's head would then be rearward of the roll bar area if you try to add that much leg room. Small chance it would ever matter in an accident, but I wouldn't take that chance myself. Having the recline function, however, would be beneficial even with not as much leg room. You would get a little extra headroom with this setup, but regardless, the rear portion of a 2 door just isn't conducive for comfort for taller people. I think with enough effort you could make something work, but my best guess is that it isn't worth the hassle given the added safety consideration.

If you want more details, feel free to PM me your cell number and I can give you a call.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Default Another option?

I know this thread is a bit dated ... but would love to change the back seat in my 2016 JK 2DR ... and found this

https://www.suburbanseats.com/siteco...23-FR-0245.pdf
https://www.suburbanseats.com/p/doub...s--street-side

Wondering if anyone has installed anything like this in their Jeep?

Quick Reply: 2 door custom rear seat (bucket replacing bench)