Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Front and Rear Differential Service

Old 05-09-2012, 09:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by miramontes
If it's so easy then why do they charge so much?
they can because there are people who will pay that price. I got quoated a price like that a while back when they said that my rear dif was leaking and that they could look at it and do the service for about $350 out the door. I said no thanks at that price and a year later I still can't find a drop of oil under my jeep period. I think they were just trying to scam me.

changing the oil in the diff's is easy.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:48 PM
JK Freak

Default acar

Originally Posted by Phottomatt
I did mine at 9k, I wheel in sand and water so I will probably do it at least once a year maybe more. I use "acar" the android app to keep track of maintenance. Its super easy.
ACAR is a great and extremely functonal app. I am on my second car with it, and if you are Android based, it is the way to go.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by XNGH2006
My JK has 16,700 miles. I took in to my dealer today for TSB bulletins. In addition the service adviser advised me that Chrysler recommends front and rear differential service after 15,000 miles. They quoted me $338.00 to do this. Questions: Does the JK come from factory with synthetic differntial oil? If it does why change after only 15,000 miles? Last is $338.00 a fair and reasonable price for this service. Thank you in advance for your reply.
Hi Brother, That's normally too soon. Are you on the trails much, or mostly street? About 15K is when I switch my fluids over to synthetics. engine, tranny,transfer case, pumpkins. Then check the breathers to make sure they don't leak. Cheep insurance. Google Amsoil. Gotta Blast!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just changed both front and rear fluid after reading project jk write up....it was extremely easy and cost $38.00....I can't believe I was contemplating paying someone to do it!

Quick Reply: Front and Rear Differential Service