Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lift up grade??

Old 10-14-2009, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift up grade??

I was looking at lifting my JK but i cant seem to save enough $$ for a long arm kit. is it possable to start with a basic say 2-3" lift and up grade components as needed. i know that some parts will have to be repurchesed but is there away around buying a small lift then having to buy a completly new larger lift later??
1st off i know in the long run it would cost me more $$.
2nd wheels tires and rims and the labor involved all in one shot will send me to the poor house.
3rd 32" tires with 4.5"+ of lift will just look goofy.
Any advice is welcome.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:19 AM
JK Freak

Yea you could do that. Get like a 3" coil lift, then gradually get components until you have completed your frankenlift. An advantage to this is that you could get high quality components from different manufacturers. And thats the good thing about adjustable arms, is that when your ready for the new meats, you can swap out the 3" coils for the 4.5" that you want. just my $0.02
Old 10-14-2009, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

I guess the question I should be asking is what would be a good strong platform to base my frankin lift on? I do wheel, I just don’t have experience with the JK's suspension system.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Freak

Teraflex 2.5" would be a good place to start, comes with swaybar disconnects and a few other good-to-haves, or maybe the OME lift from Northridge4x4, they have a package deal right now that comes with JKS front and rear adjustable trackbars (which you will need eventually). Both would be a good starting point.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mendodiver
I guess the question I should be asking is what would be a good strong platform to base my frankin lift on? I do wheel, I just don’t have experience with the JK's suspension system.
check out the skyjacker line of lifts/shocks... most of their stuff is interchangable... and they have GREAT customer service that could answer questions about which components you would need since you would not be getting a lift package per se...

Quick Reply: lift up grade??