Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Centered on RE long-arm

Old 05-26-2009, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Centered on RE long-arm

A little help please,

I know it's very important that the steering wheel is centered on our rigs.
My Rubicon came from the dealership with the Mopar (Rubicon express) 4.5" long-arm lift installed, but the steering wheel is slightly off center. Does anyone have experience with this lift, and could tell me where the adustment is?
(I looked at the installation instructions, and they state to do it, but not where or how)

Thanks
Old 05-26-2009, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check out the FAQ under the modified forum. Info on re-centering the steering wheel is towards the bottom of that page under "troubleshooting". There's a pic of what you need to loosen in order to re-center.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/modified-tech-faq-answers-questions-every-newbie-has-18617/
Old 05-26-2009, 01:44 PM
JK Freak

try using the search!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dougrobling
A little help please,

I know it's very important that the steering wheel is centered on our rigs.
My Rubicon came from the dealership with the Mopar (Rubicon express) 4.5" long-arm lift installed, but the steering wheel is slightly off center. Does anyone have experience with this lift, and could tell me where the adustment is?
(I looked at the installation instructions, and they state to do it, but not where or how)

Thanks

Have the dealer re-center it. If you do it yourself and mess it up, then they can say they are not responsible.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

Its super easy to do and the dealer would never know that you did the work unless you told them. Plus, I'm not sure how you could possibly screw anything up assuming that you tightened everything back up ok.

Quick Reply: Steering Centered on RE long-arm