Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Baja Run, Anyone Interested?

Old 02-04-2015, 08:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja Run, Anyone Interested?

I'm thinking of doing a Baja run and wondered if there is an interest from some other people.
Right now the trip run would include camping and maybe some hotels. All open to what happens that day. Everyone that wants to go has be open to dealing with the unexpected, that's Baja.

Plan as of now.

Tecate to San Felipe via Compadre Trail and some other off road trails. Eat shimp tacos and other great food.

SF to Bay Of LA via calamajue wash, Thinking this would be a hotel stop at Casa De Sol. Would maybe get Victoria to cook us a awesome lobster dinner.

From there to San Rafael fish camp.

From there we have many options depending on the time people have to spend.

I for one can take as long as it takes.

This is not a guided tour or pay trip. You pay your own way, and are responsible for yourself.

The idea here is to have fun enjoy Baja and have an adventure that will live a lifetime.

I'm open to ideas and hope we can get a bunch of fun minded people together for a awesome trip.

This an open trip in the making, so the options are endless.

A little about me. I have chased and pre-run for a race team in Baja for the Baja 1K and several bike rides. Ridden bikes all around Baja and just love the place. Would like to get back down there to shere the love.

Right now this is just a feeler to see if anyone is interested.

Last edited by TreyP; 02-04-2015 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm interested, depends on length of trip in days and miles. Also would like atleast 5 rigs to go... Also have some friends with stock JKURs would they make it through the terrain?
Old 02-05-2015, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ajkaz
I'm interested, depends on length of trip in days and miles. Also would like atleast 5 rigs to go... Also have some friends with stock JKURs would they make it through the terrain?
The trip length will depend on how long everyone wants to go. There would be plenty of bail out points for those that want to head home early.

Most of the terrain is done in stock beat up Mexican cars. Other parts have been driven by Class 11 VW bugs. So yeah this is not a crawler trip more of an exploration run. I will be running this in a 2015 stock JKUR, so I will not be trashing my new Jeep.

The idea here to enjoy Baja, see the unbeaten parts of the country. And above all else have fun.

Just a little of the sites

Lobster in BOLA

Last edited by TreyP; 02-05-2015 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:47 PM
JK Junkie

My son Vince ("modestoperandi" on the forum) and I would be very interested in this trip. As a kid growing up in San Diego, my Dad would bring us down to San Felipe every Summer with all 5 kids stuffed into the station wagon and riding over those dirt roads to San Felipe. When we got stuck, we all got out and pushed - no big deal. We would just camp on the beach and cook meals over a camp fire. Good times!

Vince and my only issue for your trip will be timing. He is in law school in San Diego right now. He's out of school on May 16th, but then we start pre-running the Baja 500 on June 2nd. Right after that, he leaves for France, so our only availability would be May 17th till June 1st. Let us know.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm down there every other weekend. I have a house just north of Ensenada. I would only be interested in staying by the coast so I can surf. Not sure if this would be the trip for me. I'm planning a drive to cabo either in April or over the summer. Subscribed.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

I would be interested,, unfortunately it would have to be a mid week trip. If not,, have fun!
Old 02-06-2015, 11:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subcribed
Old 02-07-2015, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Interested and subscribed
Old 02-08-2015, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribed
Old 02-09-2015, 07:37 PM
JK Newbie

This trip is still in the planing stage. Right now it looks like sometime in March. The way I am seeing it s a combined run . My plan's are to spend a couple of weeks down there. So I will try and set it up so those that want to run it will have plenty of options to have fun and be able to bail out and get home on their own schedule. Sitting tonight looking over tracks and maps. Oh man, Baja has so much to offer.

Quick Reply: Baja Run, Anyone Interested?