Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Sold the Jeep... feels like giving up one of my kids.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sold the Jeep... feels like giving up one of my kids.

I'm headed to Okinawa, Japan, for three years in the next couple weeks. Decided to send the Jeep to a good home vice leaving her to sit in storage for three years. New owner just drove off with it. Can't believe how attached I am to this vehicle. The only consolation is thinking of the bad-ass rig I'm going to build from scratch when I return. All the money this Jeep sold for will be going into a new rig when we return in 2018. Maybe back into a JK if I'm not digging the new JL. We'll see I guess.

In the meantime, it's been great wheeling with you all. I'll still be lurking on the forum for the next three years building up my dream rig and keeping up with the happenings in SoCal. You all take care and I'll see you on the trails when I get back.

Old 05-13-2015, 03:07 PM
RC3
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sold the Jeep... feels like giving up one of my kids.

The difference is...you have more than 1 kid - but only 1 Jeep!

This is a perfect example of the sacrifices that our service men/women make in their lives to fulfill their duties. It may only be a vehicle, but it is obviously something that you love (I know I love mine). I can't express my gratitude enough to you and others who make those sacrifices on a daily basis. Your sacrifices make our lives easier, and I say THANK YOU!

I hope you have a safe and enjoyable journey and that you someday return to SoCal. God Bless you and your family Chris! And I hope to wheel with you again someday.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll miss wheeling with you Chris. You always choose great lines. Will watch for your return.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:09 PM
JK Freak

Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting back and into a new build as soon as possible.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:11 PM
JK Super Freak

It was good to meet you Chris. I don't know if you've been to Okinawa before, but its going to be VERY humid in the Summer. It rains out of nowhere and always Typhoons with the rain. If you go up to Camp Schwab, there is 2 islands about 1,000M from the shore. Nagashima Island has a small Light House and Tairajima Island has some cool underwater caves and a 25' cliff on the backside to jump from. GREAT snorkeling. I miss the water there. Right outside of Schwab is a small village called Henoko. There's a small restaurant there called Oceans. Best food on the island. Enjoy your time and we'll hopefully see you back in a JK in 2018.

Last edited by JKMARINE; 05-14-2015 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Enjoyed wheeling with you the couple times we went. Have fun and come back safe.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Chris it was an honor meeting you and was hoping you were going to be around to do the Rubicon with us in August. Be safe and remember time flies and that Montana always has room for good guys.

Last edited by jadmt; 05-16-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKMARINE
It was good to meet you Chris. I don't know if you've been to Okinawa before, but its going to be VERY humid in the Summer. It rains out of nowhere and always Typhoons with the rain. If you go up to Camp Schwab, there is 2 islands about 1,000M from the shore. Nagashima Island has a small Light House and Tairajima Island has some cool underwater caves and a 25' cliff on the backside to jump from. GREAT snorkeling. I miss the water there. Right outside of Schwab is a small village called Henoko. There's a small restaurant there called Oceans. Best food on the island. Enjoy your time and we'll hopefully see you back in a JK in 2018.
Yep... 2nd tour there. Also did three years at Iwakuni. I love Japan. Looking forward to getting into diving again. The diving is incredible there.

Originally Posted by Sporticon
Enjoyed wheeling with you the couple times we went. Have fun and come back safe.
Originally Posted by jadmt
Chris it was an honor meeting you and was hoping you were going to be around to do the Rubicon with us in August. Be safe and remember time flies and that Montana always has room for good guys.
Great wheeling with you guys too. Met tons of great folks here on the forums and on the trails. Sorry I'm going to miss out on Moab this summer. Stay safe, have fun, and tell all my Montana brethren I said hello. You guys are an awesome group.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by smittycm
I'm headed to Okinawa, Japan, for three years in the next couple weeks. Decided to send the Jeep to a good home vice leaving her to sit in storage for three years. New owner just drove off with it. Can't believe how attached I am to this vehicle. The only consolation is thinking of the bad-ass rig I'm going to build from scratch when I return. All the money this Jeep sold for will be going into a new rig when we return in 2018. Maybe back into a JK if I'm not digging the new JL. We'll see I guess. In the meantime, it's been great wheeling with you all. I'll still be lurking on the forum for the next three years building up my dream rig and keeping up with the happenings in SoCal. You all take care and I'll see you on the trails when I get back.
My brother was stationed in Okinawa for 4 years.. Even during that nuclear plant mess due to the tsunamis etc.. Best of luck there!
Old 05-31-2015, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

See ya Chris. Bummed we didn't get to hit the trails but thanks again for all your help. Thank you for your service also.

Quick Reply: Sold the Jeep... feels like giving up one of my kids.