Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

TDS Desert Safari 2017 - March 3-5

Old 02-13-2017, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TDS Desert Safari 2017 - March 3-5

We've got our campsite. Same location as last year. Look for Barry in a Hurricane RV with a silver TJ and a white buggy trailer. He's flying an American flag and a black second amendment flag. Trying to get lat/lon for those who haven't been there before.

It's TDS time again!

If you haven't heard the good news yet, TDS Desert Safari is back at the Truckhaven 4x4 Training Center! That means you can camp, wheel, and (hopefully) win big at the raffle, all without driving to the shore of the Salton Sea.

As we have in years past, JK-Forum will have a large camp along Holly Road about half a mile south of S22.

If you want to participate in the official run or get a ticket to the big raffle ($150k in prizes this year) you'll need to register. You can do so on site, or you can register online so you don't have to stand in line: https://www.tds4x4.com/tds-shop/regi...-registration/

Let us know if you're coming and what trailer or RV space requirements you have. That'll help us make sure we grab enough land for everybody.

Oh, yeah, bring firewood, please! Because it can get chilly, and campfires are awesome!

See you in the desert!

Attending:
DesertJeep (truck and trailer)
ROCKeteer (big ass bus and two Jeeps)
Waterguy (tent)
ccoates1 (tent)
WEB4BYN (RV)
sm_rubi - day maybe
fercho
Stormtrooper! Remember that guy?
JKZombieHunter (3 Diesel Pushers with 3 flat tow Jeeps with 6 Jeeple)
MIKE948 (RV and trailer)

Last edited by DesertJeep; 03-02-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blue Frank. 2 Jeeps and a big assed bus. Bring wood to burn, yes?
Old 02-13-2017, 08:26 PM
JK Newbie

WKND JK, just a Jeep and a tent.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:51 AM
JK Newbie

I will be there with the 50 Shades JK! I will only require enough space for the jeep and a 3-man tent.

Cheers!

Collin
Old 02-14-2017, 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ROCKeteer
Blue Frank. 2 Jeeps and a big assed bus. Bring wood to burn, yes?
Yes! Firewood! Thanks for the reminder. Added to the original post.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Bill - not sure we're able to make it for camping but put us on the maybe list. We may just be out for the day.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:10 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I will be moving that weekend and have a lot of firewood. Anyone who wants to take it to TDS is welcome to it as long as its gone before the end of the month. There is enough for the group for a few days and it's free.

Trending Topics

Old 02-17-2017, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will be there on saturday not sure if staying until sunday, does anyone know when is going to be the big raffle and the runs?
Old 02-22-2017, 07:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Hey Bill - not sure we're able to make it for camping but put us on the maybe list. We may just be out for the day.
Hope you can make it. I don't think we've been on the trail together since Parker. If you aren't there for the raffle, though, maybe I can finally win something after 8 years of nothing.

Originally Posted by BigLow
I will be moving that weekend and have a lot of firewood. Anyone who wants to take it to TDS is welcome to it as long as its gone before the end of the month. There is enough for the group for a few days and it's free.
Where is this wood? Anybody near you who might be able to pick it up?

Originally Posted by fercho
I will be there on saturday not sure if staying until sunday, does anyone know when is going to be the big raffle and the runs?
The official runs (there are two this year, I hear) are on Saturday. Most of our group goes off and does our own thing, though, both on Friday night and on Saturday (the official runs can be a bit tedious with so many vehicles). The fireworks and raffle are Saturday night.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Default Count us in. JKZombieHunter plus

Originally Posted by DesertJeep

It's TDS time again!

If you haven't heard the good news yet, TDS Desert Safari is back at the Truckhaven 4x4 Training Center! That means you can camp, wheel, and (hopefully) win big at the raffle, all without driving to the shore of the Salton Sea.

As we have in years past, JK-Forum will have a large camp along Holly Road about half a mile south of S22.

If you want to participate in the official run or get a ticket to the big raffle ($150k in prizes this year) you'll need to register. You can do so on site, or you can register online so you don't have to stand in line: https://www.tds4x4.com/tds-shop/regi...-registration/

Let us know if you're coming and what trailer or RV space requirements you have. That'll help us make sure we grab enough land for everybody.

Oh, yeah, bring firewood, please! Because it can get chilly, and campfires are awesome!

See you in the desert!

Attending:
DesertJeep (truck and trailer)
ROCKeteer (big ass bus and two Jeeps)
Waterguy (tent)
ccoates1 (tent)
Kim and Ty (RV)
sm_rubi - day maybe
fercho
Stormtrooper! Remember that guy?
Please add JKZombieHunter (3 Diesel Pushers with 3 flat tow Jeeps with 6 Jeeple)

Quick Reply: TDS Desert Safari 2017 - March 3-5