Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

TDS Desert Safari 2017 - March 3-5

Old 02-23-2017, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKZombieHunter

Originally Posted by DesertJeep
Hope you can make it. I don't think we've been on the trail together since Parker. If you aren't there for the raffle, though, maybe I can finally win something after 8 years of nothing.

Where is this wood? Anybody near you who might be able to pick it up?

The official runs (there are two this year, I hear) are on Saturday. Most of our group goes off and does our own thing, though, both on Friday night and on Saturday (the official runs can be a bit tedious with so many vehicles). The fireworks and raffle are Saturday night.

Not sure if my first attempt to communicate worked so I will try this thread. We will be coming out on Friday with 3 RV's and 3 flat tow jeeps. Please add us to your circle of campers. Dennis Gowey
Old 02-24-2017, 06:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkzombiehunter
Please add JKZombieHunter (3 Diesel Pushers with 3 flat tow Jeeps with 6 Jeeple)
Got ya. You guys are rolling deep!
Old 02-24-2017, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

We'll be there. RV and jeep
Old 02-24-2017, 02:45 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Sorry, firewood is gone. I had to get it out to move.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:31 AM
JK Newbie

Default Arrivals

It's TDS time again!

If you haven't heard the good news yet, TDS Desert Safari is back at the Truckhaven 4x4 Training Center! That means you can camp, wheel, and (hopefully) win big at the raffle, all without driving to the shore of the Salton Sea.

As we have in years past, JK-Forum will have a large camp along Holly Road about half a mile south of S22.

If you want to participate in the official run or get a ticket to the big raffle ($150k in prizes this year) you'll need to register. You can do so on site, or you can register online so you don't have to stand in line: https://www.tds4x4.com/tds-shop/regi...-registration/

Let us know if you're coming and what trailer or RV space requirements you have. That'll help us make sure we grab enough land for everybody.

Oh, yeah, bring firewood, please! Because it can get chilly, and campfires are awesome!

See you in the desert!

Attending:
DesertJeep (truck and trailer)
ROCKeteer (big ass bus and two Jeeps)
Waterguy (tent)
ccoates1 (tent)
Kim and Ty (RV)
sm_rubi - day maybe
fercho
Stormtrooper! Remember that guy?
JKZombieHunter (3 Diesel Pushers with 3 flat tow Jeeps with 6 Jeeple)
When is everyone you going out ?
Old 02-26-2017, 11:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope you can make it. I don't think we've been on the trail together since Parker. If you aren't there for the raffle, though, maybe I can finally win something after 8 years of nothing.
Yeah it's been too long! Ok, probably won't be there for the raffle if we make it. Probably just a day trip if we make it out.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

will be there earily friday with motor home, trailer and jeep
Old 03-01-2017, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

I may be able to pass by to meet all you guys Saturday for a day trip. No camping
Old 03-01-2017, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by d3digit
I may be able to pass by to meet all you guys Saturday for a day trip. No camping
Same here. Does anyone know when the first official run is on Saturday? Schedule of events?
Old 03-02-2017, 08:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MIKE948
will be there earily friday with motor home, trailer and jeep
I'm not sure if anyone will be out there today, but by midday tomorrow. Look for an RV or two on the left side of Holly Road after you've gone through the deep wash/dip. One of the RVs is a huge silver and blue Wanderlodge bus with a solar array on the roof and a blue 2-door JK. If you're the first out there grab a chunk of land for us! Otherwise, we'll make sure there's room for your rigs.

Originally Posted by d3digit
Hope to see you Saturday!

Originally Posted by 1st_Rubicon
Same here. Does anyone know when the first official run is on Saturday? Schedule of events?
The official Truckhaven trail run begins at 8am Saturday. A bunch of us will be doing our own thing; we don't usually leave for the trail till around 10am.

Quick Reply: TDS Desert Safari 2017 - March 3-5