Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Tire pressure on snow.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire pressure on snow.

So I have a question for you guys. When you wheel in the snow, what is your tire pressure? For example when I'm on the rocks (summer time) I bring my 35's down to 12 psi. Wondering if you run the same trail in winter would you air down to the same 12 psi?
Old 01-07-2017, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I do 14psi in snow
Old 01-09-2017, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not to hijack thread
Do you tend to use 4-hi vs 4-low to keep traction control on
Old 01-10-2017, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AMen
Not to hijack thread Do you tend to use 4-hi vs 4-low to keep traction control on
If I want to have fun I stay in 2wd. Lol. But 4-HI is your best bet. It will give you a good all around drivability in and around town.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mallavoider
So I have a question for you guys. When you wheel in the snow, what is your tire pressure? For example when I'm on the rocks (summer time) I bring my 35's down to 12 psi. Wondering if you run the same trail in winter would you air down to the same 12 psi?
Depending on snow conditions I would run them lower. The snow is going to bury/cover boulders, logs, uneven ground reducing the chance of popping a bead if you do unexpectedly hit one of them. The larger your footprint the better off you'll be. Your rim diameter obviously plays a factor in how far you can air down.

And 2HI is your best friend in snow. If you're actually on a trail though then run 4HI as it allows for increased wheel speed & cleans your tires out better.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

4 low

Quick Reply: Tire pressure on snow.