Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

"In Development" EXO-TOP for JK (Soft Top - Roof Rack System) Feed back wanted!

Old 07-05-2014, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this is brilliant! Just to clarify though, can this rack be used with my factory sunrider soft top without modifying it? I have a 2013 2 door sport and I've been looking for a rack that allows me to use the sunrider feature without removing the rack. I like the idea of the load being positioned over the rear seats.
I think an option to add a basket or something in the front would be great too.
Most importantly I hope it's affordable! Lol
Old 07-05-2014, 01:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by snafu183
I think this is brilliant! Just to clarify though, can this rack be used with my factory sunrider soft top without modifying it? I have a 2013 2 door sport and I've been looking for a rack that allows me to use the sunrider feature without removing the rack. I like the idea of the load being positioned over the rear seats. I think an option to add a basket or something in the front would be great too. Most importantly I hope it's affordable! Lol
This top replaces yours
Old 07-05-2014, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

Ahhh. Got it. Thanks. Still a brilliant design though.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bump!
Old 01-07-2015, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rugged_Ridge
This is the type of response we are looking for... For you (only a hardtop) there would be the added cost of a OE header and tailgate bar.
The reason has to do with patents... It would come with everything else including new surrounds designed for the top.
any time frame on 2-dr release?
Old 01-15-2015, 04:38 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Looks cool!

So how long until we see this? Or did is it still in the "maybe stage"?

I like the looks of it, if it is quiet, strong, and waterproof.... I would be very tempted.

I think a price point in the range of 2000-2500 would be expected. But the cost of roof rack systems and tops really is the difficult thing... most of us can find other things for less to spend the money on, so I would think a lower price (1300-1600) would bring in more sales.

A new hard top is 2000 -2200
A rack system is 600-1400
A soft top is 600-1000

The main issue for many of us will be if it is water tight. Keeping the inside dry is a good thing. It also means it is keeping dust and cold air/hot air out.

Forum pre-orders would be a great thing too! You would really get a taste of how interested people are going to be in the top that way.

The plastic should not be skimped on... if word gets out that the surrounds with it crack or are sub-par.... it will really hurt sales.

Last edited by Sunnysideup; 01-15-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to be honest I hate that the rear bar is half the size diameter of textured light bar and seems like a different texture. I really hate the bend at the lower corners. Looks cheap. It something Olymipic would put out.
Its usless when the hard top is on. Sorry my opinon. I need to be honest.

I dislike this roof rack , Im happy with everything else you guys have produced.

I have practically turned my JKU as a replica of your show jks. light Bars, led tail lights , hurricane flares, Black outs ect.
I Already have the textured light bar, and lowering kit. I can not understand why you guys have not produced a add-on sherpa to the texture light bar. I called up a few months ago to see if I could get the rear section of the Sherpa have been shopping and looking to purchase from other manufactures.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Enzo
I need to be honest I hate that the rear bar is half the size diameter of textured light bar and seems like a different texture. I really hate the bend at the lower corners. Looks cheap. It something Olymipic would put out. Its usless when the hard top is on. Sorry my opinon. I need to be honest. I dislike this roof rack , Im happy with everything else you guys have produced. I have practically turned my JKU as a replica of your show jks. light Bars, led tail lights , hurricane flares, Black outs ect. I Already have the textured light bar, and lowering kit. I can not understand why you guys have not produced a add-on sherpa to the texture light bar. I called up a few months ago to see if I could get the rear section of the Sherpa have been shopping and looking to purchase from other manufactures.

That is interesting - I have always found it silly how large light bars are-

Just out of curiosity- do you just not like how it looks with the two different od tubes or you think the smaller diameter tube is not strong enough? As long as it is strong- I think the smaller/lighter the better!
Old 01-18-2015, 03:39 PM
JK Super Freak

The smaller tube, the bend made the texture. To me there is no style. Looks home made. The textured tube looks more impressive size and look. Im sure the smaller diameter is strong enough. If your going to mention lighter . I rather see rectangular tubes, boxed off. similar to the brackets for led light bars
Old 04-14-2015, 11:53 AM
Former Vendor

Sorry guys.... I have been away from this post for a very long time. the 4dr has been released and ready for shipping.
The 2dr version will be ready very shortly... look for it as a June release.

I'll start a new official "Now on Sale" post so that new images and video can be seen.

Thanks for all the feedback and comments.... They were all very helpful in getting this product to market.

Quick Reply: "In Development" EXO-TOP for JK (Soft Top - Roof Rack System) Feed back wanted!