Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Finally Available: Plug and Play LED fog lamps. Don't miss this thread!

Old 03-06-2015, 05:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJR

Central NJ. We got about 6+ inches yesterday. Should be warm next week, I'll see if I can get it don't then!

Dom
7.5-8" here at the Jersey Shore.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:21 PM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wires were long enough and the install went smooth! I'll test it out in the road and see if I get high beemed. Either way, real happy with the setup!
Old 03-11-2015, 07:31 AM
Former Vendor

Awesome!
Old 03-22-2015, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

Default 6 cube or 4 cube?

Hey Sami,

I've been plowing through this thread and think I am about ready to order fog lights for my 2015 Hard Rock on order that I should be picking up in a few weeks. It is like the wife filling up the nursery before the baby is born. I have a pile of "home-coming" presents growing in the corner of the garage.

I have a set of Truck Lites to replace the stock head lights but want to get as much light directly in front of and to the sides of the Jeep for slow off road driving. I am going to be using it for hunting and traveling on little narrow two-track roads in the Rocky Mountains before and after dark. I see the six cube is the same size as the 4 cube. Would I be better off ordering sixes in a flood, and if so, is that available in a kit? Or should I just order the 4 cubes and be happy?

Thanks for a great and informative thread.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RTillery
Hey Sami,

I've been plowing through this thread and think I am about ready to order fog lights for my 2015 Hard Rock on order that I should be picking up in a few weeks. It is like the wife filling up the nursery before the baby is born. I have a pile of "home-coming" presents growing in the corner of the garage.

I have a set of Truck Lites to replace the stock head lights but want to get as much light directly in front of and to the sides of the Jeep for slow off road driving. I am going to be using it for hunting and traveling on little narrow two-track roads in the Rocky Mountains before and after dark. I see the six cube is the same size as the 4 cube. Would I be better off ordering sixes in a flood, and if so, is that available in a kit? Or should I just order the 4 cubes and be happy?

Thanks for a great and informative thread.
You're welcome! Thank you for taking the time to read it and consider our lighting options!The 6CUBE lights would work as they share the same housing. We just do not have a kit because the 6CUBE would be way too bright for street use. For what you want they would work perfect. You just have to add them to the cart individually, and mention in the notes section to assemble them as a kit. The discount code "JKBRKT" will still work once the system sees them both in the cart. Ultimately I think you'll be happy with either, but the 6CUBE is the stronger, brighter option.

We actually have a few of the 10A bracket kits in stock so they should ship a day or so after you place your order.

If I could help with anything else, please let me know.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, Sami,

Just placed the order for 6 cube and 10th anny, brackets. Can't wait to get building on this thing!
Old 03-24-2015, 08:19 AM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Sami,

Just curious. I know you say the lights hold up well when submerged in water. The question I have is, what happens if the connector gets submerged? I didn't seal where the lights plug into the jeep wiring - it was to large for heat shrink. Would that be an issue if submerged? Most likely they will both go under at the same time if I go through a large enough pool of water.

Thanks!
Dom
Old 03-24-2015, 03:27 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DJR
Sami,

Just curious. I know you say the lights hold up well when submerged in water. The question I have is, what happens if the connector gets submerged? I didn't seal where the lights plug into the jeep wiring - it was to large for heat shrink. Would that be an issue if submerged? Most likely they will both go under at the same time if I go through a large enough pool of water.

Thanks!
Dom
Hey Dom, we have not had any issues with this from all the kits we have sold. The connectors are heat shunk, and the factory connector has a rubber gasket which helps seal it. They aren't designed to be under water for long period od times, but for short bursts you are fine. Both the OEM connectors and the standard DT connector have been fine.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:30 PM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sami@inspired-engineering
Hey Dom, we have not had any issues with this from all the kits we have sold. The connectors are heat shunk, and the factory connector has a rubber gasket which helps seal it. They aren't designed to be under water for long period od times, but for short bursts you are fine. Both the OEM connectors and the standard DT connector have been fine.
Thanks!
Old 03-24-2015, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just read this entire thread.........sounds like a bunch of happy customers. I am replacing my 10a bumpers with JCR offroad Front/Rear. These have square mounts. 3x3 lights is what they sell for their bumpers. Will yours fit these bumpers? I am looking at pulling the trigger on 2 sets of 6 cube for the front and rear. Thanks

Scott

Quick Reply: Finally Available: Plug and Play LED fog lamps. Don't miss this thread!