Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Fox and Synergy question to forum distributors

Old 07-21-2015, 07:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fox and Synergy question to forum distributors

So I traded in my 2010 in June for a 2015. There's a shop that does business with the dealer I purchased from so I ordered all my pets through the shop, stage 3 long arm synergy kit and fox remote reservoirs with compression adjusters among other things. About 2 weeks after I ordered (the shop was on vacation which in fairness I knew about, and I was making them order synergy for the first time) they tell me that multiple parts of the lift kit are backordered nationwide from synergy and there's a national backordered from fox for my shocks? That was about a month ago and there's since been updates that all my parts should be in by early August. I'm just curious, is this normal business practice for a) distributors and b) companies as big as fox and synergy? How can the companies be so big yet not clearly represent their products as being on back order? And a company like northridge off-road elements quadratec or 4wd is it normal business practice to take orders without knowing if you can fulfil them? Full disclosure even if I knew at the outset I would have ordered all the same parts and waited but it just seems like poor business practice all around in the industry to not have clear statuses for customers from the outset
Old 07-21-2015, 08:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cancel the order with the shop and call Northridge4x4. I highly doubt they don't have what you need in stock.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dealing with the same thing with 4wheelparts and full traction. CRC link was supposed to be 3-4 weeks 4 weeks ago. Looking at another 3-4 months from today!! Called 4wheel parts several times through last week for an ETA never got a call back until today. They said Full traction says the CRC link isn't even released yet? Strange since some guys on here have had them since 2013. Tried to call Full Traction to hear their side, 1-800 number on the website is not in my calling area? E-mailed and no response. Synergy coils, control arms, drag link with flip kit and track bar all arrived at scheduled time though.
Seems to be the day and age we live in, I've been on the other side of the counter where customers make an order, I send in the PO and don't think to follow up until angry customer reminds me how long they have been waiting. Call supplier and oh ya it's back ordered someone was supposed to let you know. It's amazing with all the forms of communication available to us how often things like this occur.
I feel for ya buddy maybe we will get to go wheeling next year.... If the parts are in by then....

if you can read this, my Jeep is broken....
Old 07-22-2015, 04:48 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I think I read somewhere the CRC link was being redesigned to work with a 2" lift. Their first model required a 4" lift due to clearance issues. Personally I would cancel the order and just raise the axle side track bar which will be much cheaper and basically do the same thing from a geometry standpoint.

To the op Goodyear seems to do this quite a bit with tires, they do a production run and run out of tires making you wait until the next production run.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

I was surprised with the fox shox because it seemed like such a standard thing, but the synergy pieces made sense to me, it was specific control arms etc the majority of the kit was available and there were just certain pieces that had to be produced, just frustrating, I've been driving around a jeep lifted 4" on 37's for 4 years, driving around this stock one is getting old. Less wear and tear for the time being I suppose though. I had also ordered a 10a hood and found out a month in that it was nationwide back ordered for up to 4 months, that one they took care of for me though and upgraded me to the AEV hood for free so they took care of me there. They also custom painted it for me so the center vent area is painted matte black and the rest of the hood is painted gloss black so I can't complain there. I am hoping they do something else to take care of me in the end.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
Cancel the order with the shop and call Northridge4x4. I highly doubt they don't have what you need in stock.
I placed an order with Northridge at the end of June for some fox shocks and they said they are on back order til the beginning of August
Old 07-23-2015, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Just got another update, my front swaybar disconnects and my rear track bar are still backordered with no definitive timetable for completion. Rear track bar seems like the type of product that should almost never be backordered. Is synergy a forum sponsor?

Trending Topics

Old 07-23-2015, 08:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Synergy makes parts in batches. They'll have a huge run of one component and then move to the next. They have been busy recently with dodge truck upgrades. It took 4 weeks to get my front trackbar from them in early April. They stuff is quality though but why not just use a rear axle side trackbar bracket? It will do the same job.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Joe_B
Synergy makes parts in batches. They'll have a huge run of one component and then move to the next. They have been busy recently with dodge truck upgrades. It took 4 weeks to get my front trackbar from them in early April. They stuff is quality though but why not just use a rear axle side trackbar bracket? It will do the same job.
It's already all ordered and paid for, my last build I took short cuts and settled on things bad it road like shit for 5 years
Old 07-24-2015, 05:25 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Actually a raised rear track bar bracket on the axle is the best way to center the rear axle. The added benefit is better handling both on road and off, less axle steer, and lower cost. You can also rotate the new bracket (depending on which one you get) to line up the brackets for more clearance to the diff, bump stops, and shocks. However aftermarket track bars are stronger. There is no reason you can't use both.

Quick Reply: Fox and Synergy question to forum distributors