Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Introducing - The Stealth Shelf by ORV !! with Introductory JKForum discount!

Old 09-14-2014, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll take 1 please ;p
Old 09-15-2014, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

I'm interested in one or two of the tool bags. Are they available?
Old 09-17-2014, 05:34 AM
Former Vendor

Default Announcement, and responses

Originally Posted by Jpsinger
liking the new features for the 2011+. Hopefully will be released in time this year for an early birthday gift (October) to myself...
Thanks Jpsinger....October is looking realistic.

Originally Posted by AC/DC
Do you make one with out the space for the sub? I don't have one so I would like more cargo space.
We do not make one without the sub, but you could arguably leave two pieces out when constructing the unit. This would provide 3 full depth divided areas under the shelf. You will compromise some lateral stability of the gussets, but once everything is installed and tightened, it shouldn't be much of an issue. I will say that you will be surprised at how much storage you get with the three bags, and it the two outside divided areas, there is room behind the bags for additional gear.

Originally Posted by RodCyn
Guess not. It seems this mfg, like others I've seen, only wants to market to the 4-dr crowd. It's too bad since we're in most need of storage solutions.
Guys, I know you all think I don't care, and we are neglecting the 2 door crowd etc. Let me explain....

It's not that I don't want to do this, rather, it's difficult, time consuming, and very expensive to do. I am a very small company, and have invested 10's of thousands in developing the business and the products. I am completely upside down on my investment, and only have so much time (this is not my day job) to develop and release products. If someone wants to offer $10k grants towards the development of each and every unique configuration for 2 doors (guys who take the seat out, guys who leave it in, guys that do and don't want subs, etc.), then let me know. My profit on these items is not terribly high, so it takes close to 50+ units of sales to possibly break even on each product. I am completely rolling the dice when I release one of these for the 4-door crowd, and I am starting there because my research shows this is the best opportunity to help get my business off the ground, all the while contributing to the Jeep community that we all love and have a passion for. If it was all about money, I have some other business ideas that are more stable, but my dreams involve Jeeps.

Sorry for the rant, but I just don't get the sense that most have any idea what goes into developing these products, and the costs associated with CAD design, CNC machining, website development, taxes on EVERYTHING, etc. Trust me, I would be money ahead if I did nothing, and just waited for someone else to develop a product that I wanted. If someone wants to develop a 2 door storage solution, then please move forward. My design is patented, so you'll need some fresh ideas.

Stay tuned for a news update on the final feature that was added to the new 2011-2014 model.....this will make a few very happy!
Old 09-17-2014, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Looking forward to this product.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am looking forward to 11+ pictures and final release.... One question on this unit (I understand it isn't out yet), Is there compliance on the sides for the Poison Spyder C-pillar bracket? I'm afraid this may be a deal breaker if there isn't :(

BTW: I'm okay with modifying it, just wondering if if can be done....

Also, I don't run carpet, but for those that do... How are you handling the sub delete? Unlike previous models there is no carpet behind there from the factory.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:45 PM
JK Junkie

Is there anyway to modify the sub box and make it slightly bigger to get more air space or fit a nice 10"?
Old 09-22-2014, 06:53 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SAR JK
I'm interested in one or two of the tool bags. Are they available?
We are not selling the bags separate at this time, and don't have any plans to. Instead of dancing around the issue...let me be frank. There are many reasons, but most of which have to do with others imitating the product with home-made replicas...some good, some bad. Our bags are branded with our company logo, and are custom made for our system. I am not interested in supporting knock-offs of my patented products, and don't want to run the risk of another jeeper seeing my bag underneath a poorly made shelf and mistaking it for the ORV stealth shelf.

Sorry that we can't accommodate this...I hope you can empathize with our position?

Originally Posted by jnabird333
I am looking forward to 11+ pictures and final release.... One question on this unit (I understand it isn't out yet), Is there compliance on the sides for the Poison Spyder C-pillar bracket? I'm afraid this may be a deal breaker if there isn't :(

BTW: I'm okay with modifying it, just wondering if if can be done....

Also, I don't run carpet, but for those that do... How are you handling the sub delete? Unlike previous models there is no carpet behind there from the factory.
It could be very close......I found some pictures of how the Poison Spyder C-Pillar mounts, and can't tell if there will be interference. Our forward most brackets mount to the rear seat bolts, and are only about 1.75" wide. The PS C-Pillar appears to hug the fender and be in close proximity to the seat bolt, but looks like it might mount rearward of our bracket. The material we use for the shelf construction can be cut and drilled like wood, so modifications should be possible. I would have to see one in person to tell for sure.

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Is there anyway to modify the sub box and make it slightly bigger to get more air space or fit a nice 10"?
The gussets underneath that support much of the weight fit into mortised channels, so they really shouldn't be spread apart or moved (plus this would create issues with bag fitment as the bags fit precisely into the prescribed spaces). The hole for the sub could probably be enlarged to fit a 10" sub, but increasing the air space without significant modifications would be a challenge. Anything is possible

In my 2007-2010 model, I placed a mid-level 8" Fosgate sub coupled with a Fosgate amp and was impressed with how much tight base it created. Certainly enough to to be one of those "Jeep" pounding vehicles sitting at a stoplight causing everyone to look at you like an irresponsible teenager.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ORV Innovations

We are not selling the bags separate at this time, and don't have any plans to. Instead of dancing around the issue...let me be frank. There are many reasons, but most of which have to do with others imitating the product with home-made replicas...some good, some bad. Our bags are branded with our company logo, and are custom made for our system. I am not interested in supporting knock-offs of my patented products, and don't want to run the risk of another jeeper seeing my bag underneath a poorly made shelf and mistaking it for the ORV stealth shelf.

Sorry that we can't accommodate this...I hope you can empathize with our position?

It could be very close......I found some pictures of how the Poison Spyder C-Pillar mounts, and can't tell if there will be interference. Our forward most brackets mount to the rear seat bolts, and are only about 1.75" wide. The PS C-Pillar appears to hug the fender and be in close proximity to the seat bolt, but looks like it might mount rearward of our bracket. The material we use for the shelf construction can be cut and drilled like wood, so modifications should be possible. I would have to see one in person to tell for sure.

The gussets underneath that support much of the weight fit into mortised channels, so they really shouldn't be spread apart or moved (plus this would create issues with bag fitment as the bags fit precisely into the prescribed spaces). The hole for the sub could probably be enlarged to fit a 10" sub, but increasing the air space without significant modifications would be a challenge. Anything is possible

In my 2007-2010 model, I placed a mid-level 8" Fosgate sub coupled with a Fosgate amp and was impressed with how much tight base it created. Certainly enough to to be one of those "Jeep" pounding vehicles sitting at a stoplight causing everyone to look at you like an irresponsible teenager.
OK I was just curious. I think stock is .35 for the 8" sub. I'd like to keep it at that or better for a better speaker. Was considering upgrading to a 10" sub just to get a little better bass
Old 09-22-2014, 08:36 AM
JK Freak

I absolutely do, but I must admit I find this a bit upsetting. I am anxious to see the 11+ product release, but concerned about some features working with other mods I have. If it looks like they will work then I will happily buy the whole system, but if they don't, I too would be in the bag only market. I understand you have a lot of money invested, but from a business perspective, I would think you would want to capitalize on any revenue stream possible to recoup those funds and turn a profit. After all, you can't control everyone or everything. Who is to say someone wouldn't sell or part-out a system, or poorly install it/modify it?

Thanks for the reply! and comment on the current sub/corner plastic handling? Are you replacing the corner with a non-sub corner?
Old 09-22-2014, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would join the crowed and would be interested in a 2011 2dr version please let us know when and if it will happen love the product !

Quick Reply: Introducing - The Stealth Shelf by ORV !! with Introductory JKForum discount!