Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Introducing - The Stealth Shelf by ORV !! with Introductory JKForum discount!

Old 07-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introducing - The Stealth Shelf by ORV !! with Introductory JKForum discount!

ORV Innovations would like to introduce the Stealth Shelf....a complete multi-functional storage solution for the back of your Jeep JK 4-door.

The mission was straight forward…. 1) Create a complete storage solution! 2) Maintain the maximum space in the back of the Jeep….Jeepers still want to carry coolers, dogs, bags etc. 3) Ensure the system is weather resistant 4) Provide super high quality construction and USA made components 5) We don't need another tonneau cover or shelf...they divide the rear cargo area into two sections, and prohibit carrying large items 6) Don’t make a drawer system….they are very expensive (at least twice the cost), they are heavy, and unless you put bags inside the drawers, you have to load up your arms with tools to walk up the trail (FJ’s seem to always be stuck in front of you!)

All Made in the U.S.A. !!!!!

Long list of Features:

* Increased floor space (this elevates the floor to the level of the wheel wells) 6.75” at the top of the shelf which equals improved floor space

* Secure storage for tools and accessories. Even with the top off, the gear is stowed and safe.

* Keeps the heavy items down low so the heavy dangerous projectiles are secure in the event of a roll over or collision.

* Relocation of the subwoofer, and improvement of bass performance due to the “down-firing” design and the improved material density.

* The Stock floor cargo pocket area is accessible.

* Bag system includes three 12” x 18” x 6” storage bags which are constructed of durable rip-stop material

* Taking the tools and recovery gear to the work location is easy compared to drawers.

* The design maintains significant cargo height for dogs, coolers, and other tall items- Unlike the tonneau style shelfs and storage units, the rear cargo volume is not split in half which allows large items to still be loaded.

* The Stealth Shelf system is a fraction of the cost of drawer systems, and also offers additional features and solutions that drawer systems can’t deliver.

* Organized, labeled tool bags.

* Very simple and clean looking from the top. All of the intricate design, enclosures and bracketry are concealed underneath.

* If you don’t already have a subwoofer, this is a great way to add one, and there is room to mount an amp underneath the shelf.

* Optional airline grade aluminum tie-down track system to anchor your heavy gear. Offers 69 possible anchor locations

* Optional automotive grade custom rear carpeted cargo mat. Maintain the carpeted look and feel, and all of the Stealth Shelf functionality!

Prices starting at $689

Enter the JKForum Introductory Coupon to save $70- coupon code jkf-10
There are a limited number of 20 Stealth Shelf's ready to ship NOW !!!

Patent Pending !!!!

visit www.orv-innovations.com for more details.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:27 PM
JK Junkie

That is great looking. If I had the extra dough, I'd definitely look more into that. I like how it provides a secure are for my laptop, and yet doesn't look like a storage compartment.

Is it waterproof?
Old 07-25-2013, 03:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great looking product, I will be adding this to my list (which grows faster than I can complete).
Old 07-25-2013, 05:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Interested. Is there a vertical divider between the cargo area and the back of the rear seats?
Old 07-25-2013, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Would you be able to make a youtube video of this to show all its features?
Old 07-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Delux2769
That is great looking. If I had the extra dough, I'd definitely look more into that. I like how it provides a secure are for my laptop, and yet doesn't look like a storage compartment.

Is it waterproof?
All of the components can handle water/moisture. I wouldn't say that the area underneath is incapable of getting wet, but with the tailgate closed, it fits snuggly enough that not much water should get underneath. The shelf material is made of a very high quality marine-grade HDPE (high density poly-ethelene...think of it as cutting board material). The bags are a ballistic rip-stop nylon weave. The bracketry is all aluminum. It can all handle the moisture.

Originally Posted by Rule18
Interested. Is there a vertical divider between the cargo area and the back of the rear seats?
The forward ends, on either side of the speaker enclosure are left open. This was done intentionally to allow a Stealth Shelf owner to remove one of the side bags and securely store a fly rod, rifle, slide skis underneath..... etc.

Originally Posted by tlminh
Would you be able to make a youtube video of this to show all its features?
It just so happens that this already exists
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2La1gYDZWbI
Old 07-25-2013, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wondering how much weight can be put on top of this shelf. Also would like to know where the sub-woofer is relocated too.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where does it relocate the factory subwoofer to?
Old 07-25-2013, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Per your web site, *This current Stealth Shelf offering is for 2007-2010 JKU's only!* Too bad.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:29 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FreedomJeep13
Wondering how much weight can be put on top of this shelf. Also would like to know where the sub-woofer is relocated too.
We have not published a weight limit, because we have not conducted any formal testing to see what the ultimate failure point (threshold) is. Here is what I can tell you. I carry my ARB fridge along with a tremendous amount of gear on top of the shelf. Along with the industrial grade bracket system, strength of the composite material, and the gusseting design underneath which rests on the floor of your jeep, the load limit will be at least 250lbs. The only potential week point would be to overload the rear center of the shelf where it is most unsupported....even then, I have sat on this area and I'm well over 200 lbs. The way that the bracket system and supports/dividers transfer load to the floor of the jeep, the load limit will be quite similar to your existing load limit in the cargo area. I wouldn't hesitate to let 3 grown men stand on the shelf right behind the seat area, but would not let them all stand on the outermost lip by the tailgate.

Here is a pic of my ARB fridge mounted in the back...

Originally Posted by jknit
where does it relocate the factory subwoofer to?
The existing stock enclosure gets discarded, and the subwoofer (factory or aftermarket) fits into the new enclosure, which faces down underneath the shelf, and also doubles as the dividers and supports for the shelf itself...along with the brackets. There are many benefits to this, one of which is enhanced bass from your sub. The density and rigidity of this enclosure is superior to the stock enclosure. The volumetric dimensions of this new enclosure are .300 cubic feet, which is on par with the volume of the factory box, as well as the recommended volume for aftermarket subs of this size.

Originally Posted by brikino
Per your web site, *This current Stealth Shelf offering is for 2007-2010 JKU's only!* Too bad.
We agree. The 2011-current models will require several design differences to incorporate the different profile around the rear panels, which will affect the top shelf panel, and the rear brackets. Our next goal is the development of this newer model.

Quick Reply: Introducing - The Stealth Shelf by ORV !! with Introductory JKForum discount!