Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Introducing - The Stealth Shelf by ORV !! with Introductory JKForum discount!

Old 07-26-2013, 10:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in a 2 dr model for 2012. I'd rather not spend 1500 for arb drawers. And I'd put a 40" spare strapped to the top inside.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:34 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by johntate
I'm interested in a 2 dr model for 2012. I'd rather not spend 1500 for arb drawers. And I'd put a 40" spare strapped to the top inside.

I have received some interest from other parties regarding this same application. It is not something we originally envisioned, but are taking a harder look at what it would take to accomplish this. If we are able to develop this product, it could be as much as 3-6 months before it is fully designed and manufactured. There is considerable cost associated with the CAD design and manufacturing process, so it is difficult to make custom applications, or limited runs of a particular model. If there is enough interest (greater than 20 jeeps) that are in the same situation, it is something we can pursue.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ORV Innovations
I have received some interest from other parties regarding this same application. It is not something we originally envisioned, but are taking a harder look at what it would take to accomplish this. If we are able to develop this product, it could be as much as 3-6 months before it is fully designed and manufactured. There is considerable cost associated with the CAD design and manufacturing process, so it is difficult to make custom applications, or limited runs of a particular model. If there is enough interest (greater than 20 jeeps) that are in the same situation, it is something we can pursue.
Count me in for a 2010 2dr.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

Will this work for a 2DR with rear seat removed? If you say no, would it be easily modified by the user? Thoughts?

If not, count me in for a 2DR no seat Stealth Shelf!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

I agree with Scale...would be in if you could make that happen.

Thx...
Old 07-29-2013, 08:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested in a 2 door with no rear seat in place. Will also be strapping a tire down.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RodCyn
Count me in for a 2010 2dr.
Originally Posted by ScaleJK4x4
Will this work for a 2DR with rear seat removed? If you say no, would it be easily modified by the user? Thoughts?

If not, count me in for a 2DR no seat Stealth Shelf!
Originally Posted by RubiBurst
I agree with Scale...would be in if you could make that happen.

Thx...
Originally Posted by JLsJK
I'm interested in a 2 door with no rear seat in place. Will also be strapping a tire down.
Sounds like there is definitely some interest. Now I need to get my hands on a 2007-2010, and 2011-current 2 door to see what is involved for modifying the system to be compatible. I'll look into this and get back to you on the feasibility of this.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ORV Innovations

Sounds like there is definitely some interest. Now I need to get my hands on a 2007-2010, and 2011-current 2 door to see what is involved for modifying the system to be compatible. I'll look into this and get back to you on the feasibility of this.
My father would be interested in something like this for his 2-door as well, but he wouldn't be buying until next year.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:54 AM
JK Newbie

Does that space below the shelf have enough room for a golf bag?

Last edited by ScaleJK4x4; 07-29-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:38 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ScaleJK4x4
Does that space below the shelf have enough room for a golf bag?
The space under the shelf has been minimized to maintain as much cargo space on top as possible, yet make provisions for the three bags and the subwoofer. The height of the bottom of the shelf is 6", which won't allow for golf clubs. The clubs do however lay nicely behind the seat now that the height of the shelf matches the elevation of the wheel wells.

Last edited by ORV Innovations; 07-30-2013 at 03:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Introducing - The Stealth Shelf by ORV !! with Introductory JKForum discount!