Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Introducing - The Stealth Shelf by ORV !! with Introductory JKForum discount!

Old 07-31-2013, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default August Promotion

We just received our new t-shirts, so why not give them away to our customers. All orders placed in the month of August will include a FREE T-Shirt

Old 08-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Former Vendor

Default ....and development of the new model begins........

Announcement........

We are starting our development of the 2011 and newer JKU stealth shelfs. Currently, we don't have a new model in our possession, so I am throwing out an offer. If someone lives in the Littleton, Colorado area, and can spare their Jeep for a few days here and there, we will gladly compensate them with a new Stealth Shelf for their Jeep. Please contact me if you live close and are interested......BTW, we prefer that your Jeep have the factory subwoofer installed so we can work around the process to relocate the sub. The kit will include the Jeep subwoofer delete panels, so your factory sub enclosure can be converted to the non-sub configuration.

If all goes well, we should have product in production within a few months. Stay tuned!

Also, shoot a quick reply if this is something you are interested in....assuming the price point will be relatively close the the existing model.

Cheers!

Team ORV
Old 08-06-2013, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I live in Littleton and have a 2011 2 door Rubicon if you decide to make a 2 door model or need someone to try out any other products.

Last edited by scottz; 08-06-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm going to go ahead and bookmark this. I have a 2011 4 door, and will definitely buy this once you have it ready.

Question? What size is the sub enclosure? For what size subs? I would want to buy the best aftermarket sub availabe, that would fit.

Last edited by Zroe; 08-06-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:09 AM
Former Vendor

Default Subwoofer enclosure details

Originally Posted by Zroe
I'm going to go ahead and bookmark this. I have a 2011 4 door, and will definitely buy this once you have it ready.

Question? What size is the sub enclosure? For what size subs? I would want to buy the best aftermarket sub availabe, that would fit.
The existing stock enclosure gets discarded, and the 8" subwoofer (factory or aftermarket) fits into the new enclosure, which faces down underneath the shelf, and also doubles as the dividers and supports for the shelf itself...along with the brackets. There are many benefits to this, one of which is enhanced bass from your sub. The density and rigidity of this enclosure is far superior to the stock enclosure (in line with high end professional enclosures). The volumetric dimension of this new enclosure is .300 cubic feet, which is on par with the volume of the factory box, as well as the recommended volume for aftermarket subs of this size.

I installed a small Rockford Fosgate amplifier and an aftermarket Rockford Fosgate 8" subwoofer and the sub hits hard with great bass. There are certainly better subs out there from JL Audio and others. I suspect some of the very high end pro-grade subs with huge magnets might have some clearance issues, but the enclosure will house a majority of aftermarket 8" subs.

Last edited by ORV Innovations; 12-28-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

PM Sent about my 2011 JK.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by scottz
I live in Littleton and have a 2011 2 door Rubicon if you decide to make a 2 door model or need someone to try out any other products.
Thanks for the offer Scottz. At this time, we are looking for a 4-door (JKU). We are still evaluating designing a 2 door setup.

Originally Posted by bikemanx2
PM Sent about my 2011 JK.
PM replied
Old 08-08-2013, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

cool idea....nice job
Old 08-08-2013, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the shelf and all, but I'm really interested in that rear bumper. What kind is it?
Old 08-08-2013, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

PM Sent about my 2012 JK

Quick Reply: Introducing - The Stealth Shelf by ORV !! with Introductory JKForum discount!