Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Introducing - The Stealth Shelf by ORV !! with Introductory JKForum discount!

Old 07-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ORV Stealth Shelf Update for the 2011+ Jeep JK Unlimiteds

Originally Posted by sroswat
Any updates???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for checking in! There is definitely some progress, although it is moving slower than I hoped. The bracket prototypes are finalized, and going into production. The new top shelf template is in CAD design and the first prototype is being CNC routed shortly. It is really coming together nicely, and we are taking the opportunity to implement some improvements along the way.

Here are a few teasers about the new features:

-Full bolt in design. Although the Gen 1 product required minimal drilling, we understand the benefits and lack of desire to drill holes in your new Jeep. The result is an incredibly innovative new bracket system that bolts together in 10-15 minutes. Installation becomes a breeze, and removal is just as easy!

-Track mounting system standard with every new system. We are utilizing the cargo track system in a transverse orientation in the 2011+ model year design. This gives you all of the obvious benefits for anchoring your gear, but is also being incorporated into an integral system with the brackets. This bolsters the load rating and limits deflection across the rear of the shelf.

I'll stop there as some of the other features are still being verified to be plausible in the manufacturing process.....but there are a few more cool improvements.....

I appreciate the support, interest, and most of all.....everyone's patience! I know we have missed our deadline to release the product this summer, but feel compelled to keep the updates coming and let you know that we are not ignoring our future customers. I wish I could provide a definitive release date, but we are at the mercy of some of our manufacturing partners.

Regards,

Team ORV
Old 07-31-2014, 03:09 AM
JK Newbie

Can you provide a dimension for the actual depth of the subwoofer enclosure from the mounting surface of the sub to the back of the enclosure?

Thanks. Awesome looking product that I am really considering. I have an 2007 so no wait for me!!
Old 07-31-2014, 03:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

ORV still has no interest in producing these for us 2dr folks that since discarded our backseat?
Old 07-31-2014, 04:54 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by holaCG
Can you provide a dimension for the actual depth of the subwoofer enclosure from the mounting surface of the sub to the back of the enclosure?

Thanks. Awesome looking product that I am really considering. I have an 2007 so no wait for me!!
If I understand you correctly, you are trying to determine what aftermarket subs will fit, based on the depth of the magnet etc.? From the mounting surface, where the flange of the subwoofer screws in to the enclosure, to the back of the cabinet measures 4 7/8".

I can tell you this....I used a medium quality 8" Rockford Fosgate subwoofer tied to a small amplifier, and the sound was very impressive. Very full base that pounded pretty hard. Far better than when that same sub and amp was being used in the stock enclosure. The thickness and density of the material, combined with the tightly sealed space created an audiophile grade enclosure for a single 8" sub. When we designed the enclosure, we factored in the optimal volumetric space for an 8" subwoofer, and yielded the .30 cubic foot cabinet space.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-01-2014, 05:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by red09
ORV still has no interest in producing these for us 2dr folks that since discarded our backseat?
Guess not. It seems this mfg, like others I've seen, only wants to market to the 4-dr crowd. It's too bad since we're in most need of storage solutions.

Last edited by RodCyn; 08-01-2014 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

liking the new features for the 2011+. Hopefully will be released in time this year for an early birthday gift (October) to myself...
Old 08-22-2014, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

Any more progress?
Old 09-12-2014, 05:49 AM
Former Vendor

Default Update- 2011-2014 JKU Stealth Shelf

Quite a bit of progress lately!

The new shelf structure prototype passed the final inspection, and material is being ordered for the CNC shop to begin a short-run production of 12 units. The brackets (beautiful I might add) are also finalized in CAD and being scheduled for production. At this point, We are at the mercy of these gentleman's schedules, but am hoping to have both items manufactured in the next 3-4 weeks. We will be finalizing installation instructions and gathering the rest of the hardware for the kit in the meantime, as well as updating the website for ordering etc.

The only delay will likely be the optional carpeted cargo mat, and if so, it will be available as a standalone purchase at a later date.

It really came out nice....I had several on-lookers as I was installing the prototype, and received some great feedback.

More to come.......
Old 09-14-2014, 06:40 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome.. Keep me in the 12..
Old 09-14-2014, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do you make one with out the space for the sub? I don't have one so I would like more cargo space.

Quick Reply: Introducing - The Stealth Shelf by ORV !! with Introductory JKForum discount!