Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Level 8 Motorsports - Tracker

Old 04-14-2014, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
I will be able to do that later this week.
I really appreciate it. will be looking out for it. thanks!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

I still need to do the spare but I love the look and offset of the Trackers. General Grabbers 33x12.5x15 STOUT

Old 04-16-2014, 08:57 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice transformation.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SmacJK
I still need to do the spare but I love the look and offset of the Trackers. General Grabbers 33x12.5x15 STOUT

stout indeed.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am interested in the Tracker wheels (17") in black. I'm totally new to wheels, and i am confused about lug nut types and lug/hub-centric wheels.

anyone know what lug nut type/size fits? what are you using for your Trackers?
i read there are cone, acorn, ball radius, flat... then there's spline?

also, question about hub/lug centric wheels:
i have read that the Level 8 Tracker's are lug-centric, but Jeeps come with hub centric wheels. i'm not really sure what that means, but anyone have any issues with these? I read some use hub centric rings and some don't. any thought?

hoping to get a better understanding.
thanks
Old 04-22-2014, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sitting duk
Those are very helpful. Thanks. Sorry to bug you more but. Do u also have a shot that shows your whole jeep with more of your sides? Like if you were to see it from a distance.
Was this what you were looking for?

Old 04-22-2014, 03:25 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I am interested in the Tracker wheels (17") in black. I'm totally new to wheels, and i am confused about lug nut types and lug/hub-centric wheels.

anyone know what lug nut type/size fits? what are you using for your Trackers?
i read there are cone, acorn, ball radius, flat... then there's spline?

also, question about hub/lug centric wheels:
I have read that the Level 8 Tracker's are lug-centric, but Jeeps come with hub centric wheels. i'm not really sure what that means, but anyone have any issues with these? I read some use hub centric rings and some don't. any thought?

hoping to get a better understanding.
thanks
You bring up some excellent questions and we'll do our best to answer them here.

The Level 8 Tracker takes 60° seat (also called acorn) lug nuts. Spline drive is the type of head on the lug nut which requires a special key/socket for installation and removal. We sell spline drive 60° lug kits for $45.00 (covers all 5 wheels) Click the link below for more details on this type of lug.

Gorilla Automotive Products - Lug Nuts, Wheel Locks, Auto Security, Wheel Accessories

As for as lug-centric and hub-centric wheels go, the write up we linked below should help

The Skinny on Hub Centric Rings | The Squealing Tire

*Please note that a lug-centric fitment is when the wheel is centered on the hub by the lug nuts.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
Was this what you were looking for?

yes! thanks for delivering the pics. they really do give a different feel in stance. i like how they stick out slightly last the fenders.

but, as suspected, the overall width of the tires does feel thin for the Jeep at some angles, like the rear.
i've been contemplating if i should wait till i have the funds for wheels/tire combo altogether (285), or buy the wheels first, then tires when i can. i'm leaning toward buying the wheels first, like you, only cuz im getting antsy. how do you like the width?
Old 04-22-2014, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Discount Tire
You bring up some excellent questions and we'll do our best to answer them here.

The Level 8 Tracker takes 60° seat (also called acorn) lug nuts. Spline drive is the type of head on the lug nut which requires a special key/socket for installation and removal. We sell spline drive 60° lug kits for $45.00 (covers all 5 wheels) Click the link below for more details on this type of lug.

Gorilla Automotive Products - Lug Nuts, Wheel Locks, Auto Security, Wheel Accessories

As for as lug-centric and hub-centric wheels go, the write up we linked below should help

The Skinny on Hub Centric Rings | The Squealing Tire

*Please note that a lug-centric fitment is when the wheel is centered on the hub by the lug nuts.
thanks! i was hoping you guys would chime in.

so my next questions are:
- Do the Tracker wheels NEED a spline drive, or can the factory lug nuts fit with enough clearance to get to?
- Do the Tracker wheels come with hub centric rings? and if so. which material (plastic or aluminum)?
Old 04-22-2014, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yes! thanks for delivering the pics. they really do give a different feel in stance. i like how they stick out slightly last the fenders.

but, as suspected, the overall width of the tires does feel thin for the Jeep at some angles, like the rear.
i've been contemplating if i should wait till i have the funds for wheels/tire combo altogether (285), or buy the wheels first, then tires when i can. i'm leaning toward buying the wheels first, like you, only cuz im getting antsy. how do you like the width?
To be honest I love it more then I thought. I do agree with a larger it would look more dramatic but the stance looks so go if I did do a 1.5 lift I wouldn't feel the need to get larger tires right a way. There are a lot of things I want to do to the jeep and can't bring myself to get rid of perfectly good tires. The stock Rubicon tires work well and look aggressive.

Quick Reply: Level 8 Motorsports - Tracker