Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Method Race Wheel 105 beadlocks

Old 07-24-2014, 07:49 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to give everyone an update regarding the group buy; I know that it looks like a novel but please bear with me.

First and foremost, I want to apologize for the delay and for all of your concerns. Also to personally thank each one of you.
This was a big challenge on the group buy on many different levels, you as the Customer, me as the vendor and Method
working with us to release an improved version of an already great wheel that has been tried and tested in the toughest elements.

Below are some of the hurdles and obstacles we have faced during this group buy:

First we all know that people back out at the last moment (we knew and expected this).

It was for a product upgrade and not currently available, with a first ordered first received process.
Before the group buy ended, big companies placed large orders… I’m guessing since we placed a deadline, it provided
them a great opportunity to jump in on the bead locks (I’m not going to lie it was a great business move for them).

Our intention from the beginning was to provide a great deal to the Jeep Community. For me this deal was an opportunity
to build rapport with the community. When I started the deal it was not to make money, it was strictly to jump out take
a chance to build a business. For those of you who do not know this, here is a little back ground regarding So-Cal4x4.
We are a family (Husband and Wife) eCommerce business, in which BOTH of us are Active Duty in the U.S. Navy (not making
any excuses just stating the facts). In December I will have served in the Navy for 20 years, and will be moving on to the next
chapter in my life. My goal and Plan is to build and grow the business, including opening an actual shop in 2015 and this was a great
opportunity to move towards that goal.

Here is some info from Method today regarding the wheels.

The first shipment of 74 wheels will be received by Method on August 4, 2014 and should be ready to ship by the end of that week.
Unfortunately right before the group buy ended, big companies placed a large order. That left us with a total of 19 wheels (3 sets
of 5 and a set of 4, one of the 3 sets being a 5 on 4.5 wheel). The next container due to Method will be at the end of august and
another coming in in October.

Yes it sucks… However here are some options.

1) There are 10 blanks that are coming in on August 4th as well and could be drilled; however the cost to drill is $49 per wheel
which would fill the order for 2 customers. (If you are interested PM me... First 2 gets them)

2) There are the 101 desert racing bead-locks which is raw machined (no powder coating)wheel available, however these wheels cost
an additional $57.25 per wheel (includes cost of drilling).

3) Hang in there… probably wont see this price again.

4) Let me know and I will issue a full refund (please PM me, I just need a few days to have everything processed). I hope there
are no hard feelings, it was a lot of money you all fronted and things didn't go as planned (I admit I am a little bummed that it wasn't a
huge smooth success).

Again Thank You all who participated, I am separately contacting those who were the first on the list (in the OP). I will be calling
Method Tomorrow (Friday), If I hear anything new, also regarding the Swag bags, I will pass the word.

Sincerely,

Wayne
Old 07-25-2014, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

So if we don't mind waiting we will get our wheels in October???

Sláinte
Old 07-25-2014, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Guess what I am wanting to know is where our orders stand. Are we next for September or are we gonna get pushed to October???

Sláinte
Old 07-26-2014, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wayne,
I'm ok waiting for a while. I'm not getting much time to spend on the Jeep right now anyway.

Dave
Old 07-26-2014, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would be helpful if you posted a list of where we all stand on the list so we can better gauge when we would be getting our wheels. Might keep some who are wondering if they are getting wheels in August or October from backing out.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:36 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cfitz22
Guess what I am wanting to know is where our orders stand. Are we next for September or are we gonna get pushed to October???

Sláinte
Originally Posted by Davesrb
Wayne,
I'm ok waiting for a while. I'm not getting much time to spend on the Jeep right now anyway.

Dave
The way it looks right now is both of you are on for the late August shipment.

If anyone else wants to know where they are... Shoot me a Message
Old 07-28-2014, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok cool. Another month is ok with me.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the swag bag ever get worked out? Is that still planned?
Old 08-07-2014, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rsbmg
Did the swag bag ever get worked out? Is that still planned?
What he ^ said....
Old 08-15-2014, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

And they are here! Awesome, faster than I expected or needed and looking pretty damn sweet! Thanks Wayne!!

Quick Reply: Method Race Wheel 105 beadlocks