Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

ORW JK Automatic Transmission Cooler Kit

Old 09-29-2011, 03:22 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re-Advertising ORW JK Automatic Transmission Cooler Kit

Re-Advertising The ORW JK Automatic Transmission Cooler Kit

WE ALSO HAVE A MODIFICATION THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MOUNT THE TRANSMISSION COOLER WHEN USING THE RIPP SUPERCHARGER

Follow this link for Ripp Mounting Instructions http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/arch...structions.pdf

Version 2.0 of our popular JK Cooler Kit. This version is easier to install and comes preassembled. Rubber mounts included to protect cooler from vibration damage. Kit comes with unique flareless bite type fittings. Optional stainless steel hose available.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ORW Transmission Cooler. 05JPG.jpg
Views:	1525
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	217088Click image for larger version

Name:	ORW Transmission Cooler.jpg
Views:	2580
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	217089Click image for larger version

Name:	ORW Transmission Cooler. 02JPG.jpg
Views:	1364
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	217090

Click image for larger version

Name:	ORW Transmission Cooler. 03JPG.jpg
Views:	1689
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	217091Click image for larger version

Name:	ORW Transmission Cooler. 04JPG.jpg
Views:	1713
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	217092

We have been working on a JK Automatic trans cooler kit for some time now and we finally got it dialed in!

When the transmission gets too hot a warning light comes on and the motor goes into limp mode (does not go over 50mph and NO overdrive). It scares the hell out of you when you're in the middle of nowhere! Also, at low speed the trans can hunt and not shift proper. After installing this cooler kit, the transmission has worked flawlessly.

Key Features:

1. OEM quality stack plate cooler (used by GM, FORD, Chrysler for trans and power steering coolers on HD models). 11''x11''x1.5'' 96 plate 25,000 BTU/HR, used in off road racing and extreme street applications, made in Mexico By Long Mfg. (NO Warranty for cross threading or cracks at the fitting, caused by improper installation of fittings.)

2. Series 8000 Push-Lite Race aluminum fittings by Fragola, all fitting supplied for complete install, made in USA.

3. Push Loc Race hose by Parker, made in USA

4. No hose clamps required on Fragola Push-Lite Race fittings with hose supplied and factory JK hose.

5. OEM VW rabbit radiator mounts, any cooler this size should be rubber mounted to minimize cracking and fatigue (DO NOT use any other mount, like MB-00-9259-0). Made in Germany, with 6mm Nylock nuts

6. ORW mounting brackets (part# 55723) 1/8'' steel, precision water jet cut, all mounting holes and bent to fit, can be sold separate to be modified to work with other coolers, Made in USA

7. Grade 8 1/4-20Bolts, lock washers, and 1/4-20 Rivet Nuts (drill to 25/64''), parts included with bracket kit Made in Canada, USA, and Taiwan

8. Split loom for covering the hose. Please completely cover lines end to end, makes for a real clean job and protect the hoses from being chafed. Made in USA

9. Oil cooler can be bypassed with FRA496106BL fitting, sold separately. Made in USA

10. Shop tools and supplies needed:

Drill with 25/64'' drill bit, (or 10mm Uni-bit works).
Tool to install 1/4-20'' Rivet Nuts.
Teflon Tape
Tie wraps
1'' ID split loom

Part Number:
ORW3110711

2007-2011 3.8L JK's

Our Price: $259.99
Free Shipping!

Last edited by ORWJK; 08-05-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed mine a couple weeks ago. It's a sweet setup!

Thanks for a top notch product ORW!
Old 10-01-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need one that will work with RIPP intercooler... Any thoughts on an alternate mounting location?
Old 11-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Originally Posted by GadgetPhreak
I need one that will work with RIPP intercooler... Any thoughts on an alternate mounting location?
Gadget,

ORW has a transmission cooler designed to complement the RIPP intercooler. We have installed them in several JK's with great customer satisfaction.

PM/E-mail, or Call for more information. I will send you some pictures and I will see if we have a video on the instalation.

John
Old 11-22-2011, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed mine last weekend.....

Great kit!

Old 12-01-2011, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd like to see some mounted pictures of the cooler for the ripp system. I am extremely interested!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

Default Me too!

I would also like to see the mounting kit for the RIPP intercooler location.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Love mine

9K miles on the extreme duty version, two JK Experiences, lots of 70-80mph hwy time, long mountain grades, 110 degree Arizona summer, bunches of short trail runs around my location. Zero leaks or problems! Thanks ORW

Old 02-03-2012, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

That's a nice looking cooler kit and some clean installations. Is anyone running this as a stand alone unit without the factory cooler in the A/C condenser. If so is it up to the job, it sure looks large enough to work. I'm going to do this unless someone has tried it and had problems.
Thanks, Jim
Old 02-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

We have had several customers install it while completely bypassing the factory cooler. It should provide more than sufficient cooling in almost any climate just on it's own.
If you want to place an order, just shoot me a message and I can set it all up for you!

Justin

Originally Posted by OKAJAX
That's a nice looking cooler kit and some clean installations. Is anyone running this as a stand alone unit without the factory cooler in the A/C condenser. If so is it up to the job, it sure looks large enough to work. I'm going to do this unless someone has tried it and had problems.
Thanks, Jim

Quick Reply: ORW JK Automatic Transmission Cooler Kit