Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

ORW JK Automatic Transmission Cooler Kit

Old 02-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 2012 models have a much larger, better set up factory cooler than the earlier models. We are working on a cooler kit that will be a direct bolt on for those wanting to upgrade their '12's. I believe it is still in the works. I will check to where we're at with that and let you know.

Justin

Originally Posted by Mr Rubi
does it work for the 2012 models? if so, where do I order?
Old 02-23-2012, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump........ soooo.... anybody running it with the RIPP supercharger? ? no pics? ? ? ?
Old 02-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

I don't have any pics yet of the cooler mounted on a Ripp application, but we do have a kit designed for specifically that purpose now. I'll check with my other stores to see if they've done one installed yet, and if they took photos.

Originally Posted by JLE21
bump........ soooo.... anybody running it with the RIPP supercharger? ? no pics? ? ? ?
Old 02-24-2012, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JLE21
There is a couple of threads under RIPP supercharger that show different mounts with this cooler. One includes welding to the crossover tube and the other is a bolt on with no welding. one of the links is below.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...mission+cooler

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ht=ripp+cooler

Last edited by 4wdave; 02-24-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Just a little shout....
I just built up some more cooler kits, some regular "black hose", as well a few "stainless hose" kits. We're still offering the Special Deal!
Gonna start getting warm again soon out there, don't bake that tranny!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

I'm going to be putting more of these kits together tomorrow, it's warming up around here and demand is picking up again. I have both the true stainless braided hose, and the standard black-plenty of both. No one wants to be in limp mode crawling along trying to get off the trail(been there... ).
Same deal with free shipping!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hello, is there an auxiliary fan option for this set up? Also please quote shipped to Hawaii 96786. Thanks
Old 04-12-2012, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered today. Thanks Justin. Got the bells and whistles yesterday doing slow 4wheel high driving. No limp mode. She did right and stopped to let it cool. Weird, I just told her about the fire/ overheat issue three days ago. Again thanks to all the forum members for the great info. I'll post pics of the before and after.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not that technical but I drive hard and fast in desert , in the process of receiving my 2012 JKU after having an engine swap to the 392 HEMI 6.4 done to it. My question is will this help a lot after doing the engine swap and will it work ?????
Old 04-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

This particular kit doesn't work for the 2012's. I would expect with that swap(AWESOME, btw), and that kind of driving(me too), that you will need some form of auxiliary trans cooling. Although, I'm thinking that swap probably addresses that issue. I haven't seen one of those swaps in person, so I can't be 100% certain, but I'd be reasonably sure that it would come equipped well enough to stay cool.
If that's not the case, let me know-I'm sure we could build a kit that would work.

Justin

Originally Posted by UAE455
I'm not that technical but I drive hard and fast in desert , in the process of receiving my 2012 JKU after having an engine swap to the 392 HEMI 6.4 done to it. My question is will this help a lot after doing the engine swap and will it work ?????

Quick Reply: ORW JK Automatic Transmission Cooler Kit