Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Poison Spyder BFH Front Bumpers

Old 08-12-2013, 08:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE="DTS;3645922"]

stagedtrip, your bumper should have come with both hardware and installation instructions. If you didn't receive them, please give our sales department a call at 951-849-5911 and they will get them sent out to you right away. If you'd like to look through the instructions now though, they are online at http://poisonspyder.com/assets/insta...FHFRONT-JK.pdf

Note that the hardware and instructions sometimes ships in a separate box, and can occasionally arrive a day or so after the bumper itself does. When you speak with our sales department they can verify whether that happened, and check the tracking number for the hardware box. But if indeed it was a mistake on our part and the hardware was not shipped, please accept my apology on behalf of our shipping folks. And let our sales folks know what they can do to make it up to you when you speak with them. [/QUOTE

Awesome, thanks for getting back to me ill call later today. No need to apologize, stuff happens. Gotta say I love the look of the bumper and hood. The quality of the work put into the bumper is first class. Definitely be ordering more of your products!

Sent from my NSA listening device
Old 08-12-2013, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DTS

If the frame rails were cut too short you have two options. You can either weld material back on, or try to push the bumper back a little bit further. The second option may crowd the winch too close to the grille, if you're running a winch, so do some measuring before you go that route. If you go the first option, you can use the scrap pieces you cut off. Try to find some scrap pieces of C-channel or rectangular tubing that will slide inside the frame rail to sleeve it and strengthen the joint where you weld the piece back on.

Actually you have three options. The third one would be to just weld the BFH bumper right to the frame rails. The triangular cut-outs on the sides will provide plenty of weld area, as well as rosette-welding at the bolt locations. With this option you're pretty much committed though
Thanks I first thought about just welding it on but the thought about ever needing to take it off for working on it so I thought I would weld the extra back on with some stiffeners like you said, I didn't think it would go back any further but I may try I will run a winch so I might need to go with welding the extra on to make sure it won't interfere, I noticed you told another member it should have come with instructions in a post up a bit and mine as well didn't have any with it would there be a template with these instructions showing where it should be cut back to, if not it might be something to look at to make sure people don't have this same problem. Thank you for all the help
Old 08-21-2013, 09:07 AM
DTS
Former Member

The Poison Spyder BFH Front Bumper provides the best clearance possible for your Jeep! Check out the approach angle on Lance's JK. With the stock JK bumper, or just about any other aftermarket bumper, his tires never would have been able to get this close to the obstacle in order to get a grip and pull the Jeep up and over.

Here are a couple more recent additions to our BFH Bumper photo galleries...

Thanks to Al from Kuwait, for this shot of his JK with the BFH Bumper with Brawler Bar:

Thanks to Branden Ludkowski for this shot of his JK Unlimited with the BFH Front Bumper with Comp Stinger:

Here's Mike Goshgarian's TJ with a BFH Front Bumper with Comp Stinger:

The BFH Front Bumper with Trail Stinger on our "Cream Puff" TJ:

The BFH Front Bumper with Brawler Bar on Papa Smurf:
Old 08-21-2013, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

I'm in a state requiring a front license plate. How are you all mounting front plates on these bumpers?

That is pretty much the only thing holding me back on this bumper.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't put my licence plate on yet still thinking of how I want to do it

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130821_122434.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	490324

Sent from my NSA listening device

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder BFH Front Bumpers