Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Question for Bestop. Unlimited JK Hardtop

Old 02-14-2007, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question for Bestop. Unlimited JK Hardtop

After several FAILED attemps at sending Bestop emails in regrads to their '07 Unlimited Hardtop, and seeing that I can't contact them by Phone, I guess my other alternative is to ask the question here. To make it simple, here is a copy of my email to Bestop.

Hello,

In reference to your 2-Piece Hardtop for the 4-Door Wrangler, I have a few questions.

My 4-Door JK originally came equipped with the Sunrider Soft Top. I'm assuming your Hardtop will mount without problems, as far as fitting? Also, in which manner does the Rear Window Defroster hook up in order for that feature to work properly? The item's description mentions the use of Mesh Pockets. I'm guessing that these Pockets are of a Fabric Type, and if so, are they replaceable, should they stretch over time, and wear/tear?

Most importantly, once the Top is installed, are there leaking concerns? I know that the MOPAR 3-Piece Freedom Top had issues with leaking, but as I understand it, those problems have been resolved, or nearly so.

I'm looking for the best Top available for my 4-Door JK, and if possible, and when time permits, please let me know the answers to these questions.

Best Regards,
__________________________________________________ ______

So, if anyone from Bestop is reading this, or if anyone has purchased one of these Tops, and can answer my questions, I would very much appreciate it!
Old 02-15-2007, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, after a fourth email to Bestop, I FINALLY received a reply. Thank you......
Anyway, looking through Project-JK, I found some PICS of Bestops Hardtop for Unlimited's, mounted on a yellow Unlimited. Looked/Looks quite nice. After my JK is fixed with a new Torque Converter (When ever that will be) I'm going to place an order for one of these Tops. The Jeep Dealer told me that he could mount (This was prior to the announcement that Jeep isn't shipping anymore Freedom Tops, and it sounds as if their being Redesigned as well) a Freedom Top to my JK (That originally came with a Sunrider Softtop), install the Hardware, for a total of $3500.00. This would include the cost of the Freedom Top, Hardware, Labor, Shipping, and Sales Tax. The Bestop Unlimited Hardtop sells for $2,450.00 plus $229.00 shipping. That's the way I'm personally going for my JK. After viewing the PICS on Project-JK, it's really nice. I hope that I'm happy with it. This is Bestops' response;

The hardtop will mount with out any problems. The pockets are not
replaceable. The defrost connects to the wiring harness and there is a
switch installed in your dash to turn the feature on and off. We have not
had any leaking problems with our hardtops.

Thank You
Bestop Customer Service
Well, can't wait to try it out. Bestop offers a mount for their Hardtop that will accept the front section so that you can have it with you. However, I plan on installing an Expedition rack on my JK, thus it won't work with my application, as the Front Section would be too high to clear the installation of the Exp. Rack.

Quick Reply: Question for Bestop. Unlimited JK Hardtop