Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Rough Country All new MLC-6 Switch box, relay distribution box

Old 03-20-2017, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sami@inspired-engineering
Price lowered to an amazing $199.99!
PM'd you with a couple of questions.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:28 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by LoneWolf
PM'd you with a couple of questions.
PM responded to.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:42 AM
Former Vendor

You can find it on our site here.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:14 AM
JK Newbie

Interested in any honest opinions as to why the SPOD at more then double the price is worth it?
Old 03-29-2017, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KenW
Interested in any honest opinions as to why the SPOD at more then double the price is worth it?
The question implies that it was said that the SPOD at twice the price is worth it, and now you want facts to back the claim. I don't think it was ever said to be "worth it", it was simply the first to market and they enjoyed a period of time that they could set a price as desired.

My opinion is that they have 2 options in todays global market place...

1) Lower the price and become much more competitive with the other similar options out there and hope to use the quality of reputation to maintain the lions share of sells.
2) Maintain the price at 2-3 times the competition and find that they are selling to maybe 20% of the buyers for this product type at best, thus missing a huge number of sells and allowing reputation of others to grow and word to spread.

Much like the Chinaflex rear tire carrier hinge. With Chinaflex at about $200 over the Shittybilt, I bet a lot of Shittybilt carriers are being shipped around in brown trucks.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Ah, OK. Thank you.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can't wait to hear more about this product. I'm running the sPod now, but this is an interesting alternative.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have mine installed, and the one oddity of it is that the switches by default are always lit up. Keys out, Jeep in the garage, and the LED glowing blue lights always stay on. I have already seen where folks cut the main (+) cable and wire in an 80 amp relay that is ignition activated. This kills the entire system once the Jeep ignition is cut off.

I will say that I have driven at night with mine and it honestly does not bother me being lit up in the cab overhead. Nor does the constant on LED lights bother me enough to "correct" it. I did call RC and ask about it and they explained that the LED lights are taking just a tad more than your radio/PCM memory amperage, and as such would still take many weeks to actually drain down a healthy battery. So being that it's not pulling significant amps nor is it bright enough while driving at night to bother me, I am satisfied.

Installation in a automatic is very easy since we can cut the rubber plug that is in the hole used by a manual trans JK, it is really an extremely quick and easy installation. The provided wires are all plenty long enough and the over fit and finish is very acceptable. I recommend it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rough Country Switch Pod.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	670378  
The following users liked this post:
FarFromStock (12-20-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 10:20 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

I've had my sPOD for several years....purchased back when there was no competition as Larry noted before. I love it, but I'd love one of the knock-offs at a much cheaper price!! Anyhow, the LEDs were a little bright for my liking at night time. I popped the switch covers off and put just a small piece of blue painter's tape over the LEDs, put the switch back on and the LEDs were a good bit dimmer which wasn't distracting. Thought I'd mention the low cost solution if you find the lights a little too bright on these things. Kinda odd that the lights would stay on while the vehicle is off as well.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by resharp001
I've had my sPOD for several years....purchased back when there was no competition as Larry noted before. I love it, but I'd love one of the knock-offs at a much cheaper price!! Anyhow, the LEDs were a little bright for my liking at night time. I popped the switch covers off and put just a small piece of blue painter's tape over the LEDs, put the switch back on and the LEDs were a good bit dimmer which wasn't distracting. Thought I'd mention the low cost solution if you find the lights a little too bright on these things. Kinda odd that the lights would stay on while the vehicle is off as well.
I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet, but I'd had a similar thought about 'dimming' the lights. I'd thought about applying a thin layer of my wife's semi-transparent nail polish or something similar to reduce the lighting -- something sturdy but very removable if I don't like it.

Quick Reply: Rough Country All new MLC-6 Switch box, relay distribution box