Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6L V6 2007-2013 - Instock!

Old 03-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6L V6 2007-2013 - Instock!

Rugged Ridge Low-Mount XHD Snorkel, 3.6L, 2012-2013 Jeep JK Wrangler

Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel Kit, 3.6L, 2012-2013 Jeep JK Wrangler

Modular XHD Snorkel Low Mount by Rugged Ridge, 2007-2011 Jeep JK Wrangler (3.8L)

Modular XHD Snorkel Kit by Rugged Ridge Includes (Low Mount and Ram High Mount), 2007-2011 Jeep JK Wrangler (3.8L)

Dusty trail rides and deep water fordings. Anyone who takes their rig off-road is likely to encounter these conditions. The new Modular XHD Snorkel System from Rugged Ridge® relocates the venerable stock air intake location to help reduce dust clogged filters and the risk of hydro-locking your engine. It is also the first snorkel designed with the modular functionality of a pre-filter low mount and ram high mount air intake design. Unlike other snorkels, you don’t have to give up flexibility for functionality. Note: Windshield light mounting tabs are compatible with low mount.

Installs with minor mods to Fender, but without major cutting that other Kits require. Lower box installs in place of the OE unit, so you don’t have to “hack and tap”.

$20.00 Mail in rebate and free shipping on these kits at JEEP Parts | JEEP Accessories | BASELINE 4X4 YJ TJ JK Wrangler CJ
Old 03-25-2013, 11:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Baseline 4x4 Outfitters

Rugged Ridge Low-Mount XHD Snorkel, 3.6L, 2012-2013 Jeep JK Wrangler

Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel Kit, 3.6L, 2012-2013 Jeep JK Wrangler

Modular XHD Snorkel Low Mount by Rugged Ridge, 2007-2011 Jeep JK Wrangler (3.8L)

Modular XHD Snorkel Kit by Rugged Ridge Includes (Low Mount and Ram High Mount), 2007-2011 Jeep JK Wrangler (3.8L)

Dusty trail rides and deep water fordings. Anyone who takes their rig off-road is likely to encounter these conditions. The new Modular XHD Snorkel System from Rugged Ridge® relocates the venerable stock air intake location to help reduce dust clogged filters and the risk of hydro-locking your engine. It is also the first snorkel designed with the modular functionality of a pre-filter low mount and ram high mount air intake design. Unlike other snorkels, you don’t have to give up flexibility for functionality. Note: Windshield light mounting tabs are compatible with low mount.

Installs with minor mods to Fender, but without major cutting that other Kits require. Lower box installs in place of the OE unit, so you don’t have to “hack and tap”.

$20.00 Mail in rebate and free shipping on these kits at JEEP Parts | JEEP Accessories | BASELINE 4X4 YJ TJ JK Wrangler CJ
Is that $327.95 for both the hi and lo mount on the 2012? If so that is an awesome deal!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Former Vendor

PM Sent. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor

Get your JK Wrangler Snorkel kit at JEEP Parts | JEEP Accessories | BASELINE 4X4 YJ TJ JK Wrangler CJ
Old 04-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Former Vendor

Rugged Ridge Snorkel Kits are now available for the Jeep Wrangler 3.6 Liter engine.

These are in stock and can be processed for immediate shipment.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just ordered mine today can't wait to do the install
Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
Just ordered mine today can't wait to do the install
Hey, let me know the level of effort when you install it and post some pictures (if you don't mind).

I want one but need a guinea pig!!

Thanks man!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:54 PM
JK Junkie

Will do That I went this route instead of the river raider cowel system because it says you can still run duel battery's with this. And I would not have to use a hole saw on my hood. Not that I care about doing that. But anytime you can avoid breaking the factory paint job seal on parts the less chance of corrosion.

But for a while River Raider cowel system was going to be my choice until this system came out for the 2012-2013 models.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:26 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
Will do That I went this route instead of the river raider cowel system because it says you can still run duel battery's with this. And I would not have to use a hole saw on my hood. Not that I care about doing that. But anytime you can avoid breaking the factory paint job seal on parts the less chance of corrosion.

But for a while River Raider cowel system was going to be my choice until this system came out for the 2012-2013 models.
For the 3.6L version it should work with the M.O.R.E dual battery tray for the 2012 - up JK's. The Nemesis dual battery tray design has stacked gel cell batteries and sits down into the air tube area. Nemesis version will not work with our snorkel.. Sorry.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Hey, let me know the level of effort when you install it and post some pictures (if you don't mind).

I want one but need a guinea pig!!

Thanks man!!!
Install was about 4 hours. But I did on two separate days due to the fact I had to stop at step 60/70 because the provided hardware was not long enough. I suggest you get the correct length bolts of 35mm vs the 20mm that comes in the kit.

So 2 hours day one and 2 hours day two was not that bad. Get a good 10mm open end/ closed end wrench that ratchets on the closed end this will help out in several areas. Also get a good cutoff wheel I killed my 300 series Dremel tool so I had to run out and get a real cut off tool.

Here is a picture of the fender off right before the steps where you drill out the four spot welds.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Its apart.jpg
Views:	3058
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	448759  

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6L V6 2007-2013 - Instock!