Notices
The Staging Area Find out who's in your neck of the woods, discuss upcoming trail events or land-use issues and hook up with some great people to go wheeling with here. To make things easier for you, this forum has now been broken down into sub-forums that are area specific.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ITEMS FOR SALE IN THE STAGING AREAS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lemon law

Old 07-26-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemon law

My 2012 crush wrangler rubi may be getting lemoned tomorrow with 400mi on it.. and idk what color to get if it does. Need some suggestions!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mpierro1221
My 2012 crush wrangler rubi may be getting lemoned tomorrow with 400mi on it.. and idk what color to get if it does. Need some suggestions!
Wow....when did you get it?....it's been in the shop already 20 days?
Old 07-29-2012, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

they had to replace the camshaft in the engine and still dont know whats wrong with it, i got it june 30th and its been in the shop about 15 days now... supposedly i get it back tuesday but i dont know if i want it back considering it had major engine work done with 400 miles.. just doesnt seem reliable to me i would rather a swap for a new one apples to apples
Old 09-10-2012, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

What is the issue it was having I just left a jeep dealer and we had a lot of problems with the valves in cylinder #2 which we did not repair but just replaced the cylinder heads automatically if we had a code for #2. If your code is for the camshaft specifically it might not be the shaft but either the phaser or actuator instead
Old 09-13-2012, 05:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Lemon law takes some time so if thats the route you take dont give up. The dealer will probably do everything they can to fix instead of lemon it. I went through the process a couple years ago took around 6 months start to finish but when i got the new rig all i had to do is pay the difference in sticker price between the two and thats because i bought a different rig
Old 11-20-2013, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

I lemon lawed a Titan years back because of faulty brakes. I was referred to a lemon law lawyer. I didn't even have to pay him a dime. I told him about my case over the phone he told me he would take it. He then wrote Nisan a letter. It was all done in about two weeks, Nisan paid me back all my payments up to that point and charged me a small fee for the miles I had on the truck. Under the lemon law the manufacturer has to cover lawyer feed if it's in your favor.
PM me if you want his number.

Quick Reply: Lemon law