Notices
The Staging Area Find out who's in your neck of the woods, discuss upcoming trail events or land-use issues and hook up with some great people to go wheeling with here. To make things easier for you, this forum has now been broken down into sub-forums that are area specific.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ITEMS FOR SALE IN THE STAGING AREAS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to rent a Jeep from in Sedona, AZ?

Old 12-15-2014, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to rent a Jeep from in Sedona, AZ?

We have been to Easter Jeep safari the last two years, drove our JKUR the first year (from Indiana) and rented from Jim at Outlaw this year. (Outlaw is amazing!)

I know there is a "pink" jeep in Sedona, but I think they are guided tours.... lame. Anybody know where I can rent a JKU Jeep from in Sedona area? Or better yet a JKUR?

Of course, the next question is, what are the, "Must do" trails in that area? (that a stock rental JKU can do)

This is a vacation in April with the wife and 3 kids, so also looking for anything that is "must do" in the area. We know we want to some hiking (daughter is 10, so can't be to crazy), what else is there?
Old 12-15-2014, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 19Delta
Anybody know where I can rent a JKU Jeep from in Sedona area? Or better yet a JKUR?
Check out Barlow Jeep Rentals. Nena Barlow is the owner and she has an amazing wealth of information and knowledge about all things jeep. She's right in Sedona.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using JK-Forum
Old 12-15-2014, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Second Barlow Jeep Rentals
Old 12-16-2014, 01:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

You guys rock. Thanks, I'll give her a call.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Barlow will give you detailed maps and trail recommendations. Broken Arrow and Soldiers Pass are two popular trails. Beautiful scenery wherever you go.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just got back from Sedona... No worries with ANY of the trails in that area. You will see Pink Jeeps EVERYWHERE... Actually they were a PITA on Broken Arrow trail as there are few places to pass on that trail. Most of the trails in this area are very short and I mean short. We did Broken Arrow for the first time at night. Even did the "extra" credits with ease. Think Pink Jeeps just take n00bs up these obstacles for a "thrill".

Things to see:

Palatki Ruins- Call ahead to make reservations. The tour of the paintings and pit area is awesome and the views are spectacular. They will take you up to the village but won't let you through it. This is on the outlaw trail, 21 in the Wells book. We did not do the rest of the trail as it is just a washboarded out fire road.

Soldier Pass- Another short but beautiful trail. Be sure to stop and look at the 7 Apache Pools. Nice geologic feature. #24 in Well's.

Schnelby Pass- Hopefully you have to ability to air down, this is one long and bumpy fire road but by far the best view of them all. Once at the top, just past the viewing point, there is a road off to your left, 153A, take that for a bit and you will be rewarded with an even better view of the valley. You can continue on this road as it is a loop and will bring you back to Schnelby where you make a left and come on back down. This loop is the lava "fields" and is very rocky and while we were there MUDDY and deep too. So if you are not comfortable with your rigs ability don't go too far down this road. about 6 water crossings. #25 in Well's.

Broken Arrow- This was about the most fun trail we did there. Probably because it was at night. Stock jeeps, rubi and non have no problem with this trail. Pink Jeeps have been down this thing so much it is the smoothest trail we did. The extra credits are fun but no big deal. At the end of the trail is a very picturesque spot. then again, anywhere in Sedona is picturesque. #26 in Well's.

Check out Liza Pizza... Good pizza, almost reminded of being back in Sicily. Beer is cold. Be sure to partake of the local brewery, Oak Creek. Tried several of their brews and was not dissapointed with any of them.

A stock jeep can do any and all of the trails in that area. Most are fire roads. We aired down for all the runs as the big toyo's don't have much sidewall flex and will rattle your teeth on those wash boarded out fire roads.

Enjoy your trip, we had a blast the two days we wheeled there.

Quick Reply: Where to rent a Jeep from in Sedona, AZ?