Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Check engine light on again..Same code-Just came back from the dealer. Need help!

Old 09-24-2012, 03:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Check engine light on again..Same code-Just came back from the dealer. Need help!

A few weeks ago I had code 0456 come up...Cleared it 3 times with the code reader and the check engine light kept coming on. Took it to the dealer last week and they said a "sensor" had to be replaced and that it was fixed..
Well of course, again yesterday the check engine light comes on again and its the same code..
The code reads as this: small leack in the evap system...

I know people have mentioned the gas cap being off. I've reset this code again and it came back on. Gas cap is on and fine...

What could be causing this?
I cleaned the throttle body a month ago..Would that have anything to do with it?

Any help would be appreciated
Old 09-24-2012, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year? Is it still under warranty? Take it back to the dealer that said it was fixed and point out that it was not fixed. Check all your vacuum lines for a small leak.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by airforce26yrs
What year? Is it still under warranty? Take it back to the dealer that said it was fixed and point out that it was not fixed. Check all your vacuum lines for a small leak.
It's a 2011 and still under warranty. I'll be bringing it back this week. Such a hassle when I work 7 days practically. The dealer I go to has a service center opened 24 hours but I'm convinced they are idiots!
Old 09-26-2012, 02:14 AM
JK Freak

Went back to the dealer again yesterday since it came back up. They said no leak was detected again and that they cleared the code. Brought it home last night, parked it and this morning when I turned the Jeep on, it came back on again.
What gives? If there isn't a problem why is this still popping up? This will be the third time it would go back to the dealer for this issue and they said there is nothing wrong.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:33 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TakeABackRoad
Went back to the dealer again yesterday since it came back up. They said no leak was detected again and that they cleared the code. Brought it home last night, parked it and this morning when I turned the Jeep on, it came back on again.
What gives? If there isn't a problem why is this still popping up? This will be the third time it would go back to the dealer for this issue and they said there is nothing wrong.
Did u Check to see if the plug was connected on the evap canister cuz I put on my evap skid the other day and drove around town for a bit and the same code popped up. Crawled under the Jeep and noticed that the plug wasn't fully connected.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bob-o

Did u Check to see if the plug was connected on the evap canister cuz I put on my evap skid the other day and drove around town for a bit and the same code popped up. Crawled under the Jeep and noticed that the plug wasn't fully connected.
Where would this be located by? Figured if it was at the dealer twice in a week that this would have been looked at
Old 09-26-2012, 03:40 AM
jdk
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it continues make the dealer do a smoke test on the fuel evap system. That should find any problems in the system.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jdk
If it continues make the dealer do a smoke test on the fuel evap system. That should find any problems in the system.
Dealership said they did the smoke test both times I had it there.
They said when I called this morning to bring it back "so they can keep it until they figure out the problem". Seriously?
Old 09-26-2012, 04:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TakeABackRoad

Where would this be located by? Figured if it was at the dealer twice in a week that this would have been looked at
The plug is right next the the 3 hoses that go in the back of the evap canister
Old 09-26-2012, 04:45 AM
JK Junkie

The electrical plug goes just to the right of the white plastic thingy lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120926_054418.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	370850

Quick Reply: Check engine light on again..Same code-Just came back from the dealer. Need help!