Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

'07 Soft Top Side Windows on '14 Soft Top?

Old 04-15-2014, 09:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default '07 Soft Top Side Windows on '14 Soft Top?

Will the side windows from an '07 factory soft top fit on my '14 factory top? Looking to get some trail windows that I won't care how much they get scratched.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't know exactly, but they changed the size of the rear window. Maybe in 2010?!
Have read a thread on a german forum where someone had trouble with top and windows from different model years.
I think he had newer side panels and the older rear window which resulted in 2" gaps on either side.
If your setup would fit, it would be more of a loose fit I think.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Not so worried about the back, but the sides. Any idea what a good price to pay would be?
Old 04-15-2014, 10:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
Not so worried about the back, but the sides. Any idea what a good price to pay would be?
Have checked the mentioned thread again.
He had a 2013 top with the window set from an older model. According to him he only had issues with the rear window while the sides fit perfectly.
So I assume the side windows are interchangeable through the model years, but I hope someone with first-hand experience will chime in.
Don't know about the pricing.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crusaderJK
Have checked the mentioned thread again.
He had a 2013 top with the window set from an older model. According to him he only had issues with the rear window while the sides fit perfectly.
So I assume the side windows are interchangeable through the model years, but I hope someone with first-hand experience will chime in.
Don't know about the pricing.
On the 2dr, any year side will fit any year top. First hand experience.

I can only assume the same holds true for the 4dr, but no first hand experience.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The windows changed for the 2011 model year. I have never tried myself, but don't think they're inter-changeable.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
The windows changed for the 2011 model year. I have never tried myself, but don't think they're inter-changeable.
Once again, any year side will fit any year top on the 2dr. As stated, I have first hand experience putting a post 2011 side on a pre 2011 top, and vice versa.

Only the rear window got wider on the soft top.

On the hard top, both the rear AND sides were enlarged. This leads most folks to assume that the sides on the soft top were enlarged also. Easy to make that assumption, I made that assumption myself until I had both tops on hand.

Based upon pics I have seen, I have a high degree of confidence that the 4dr is the same way.

Last edited by jeep_n_co; 04-24-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeep_n_co
Once again, any year side will fit any year top on the 2dr. As stated, I have first hand experience putting a post 2011 side on a pre 2011 top, and vice versa.

Only the rear window got wider on the soft top.

On the hard top, both the rear AND sides were enlarged. This leads most folks to assume that the sides on the soft top were enlarged also. Easy to make that assumption, I made that assumption myself until I had both tops on hand.

Based upon pics I have seen, I have a high degree of confidence that the 4dr is the same way.
That's good news for the OP. I'm just clarifying the model year they changed. So only the clear area of the soft top windows increased in size for both 2 door and 4 door models 2011+?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
That's good news for the OP. I'm just clarifying the model year they changed. So only the clear area of the soft top windows increased in size for both 2 door and 4 door models 2011+?
Only on the rear window (which is basically all clear plastic with a zipper).

The clear plastic area of the side windows did not appear to me to be any larger on the 2dr.

Last edited by jeep_n_co; 04-24-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Quick Reply: '07 Soft Top Side Windows on '14 Soft Top?