Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

13 JKU Annoying Shift pattern

Old 01-08-2017, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13 JKU Annoying Shift pattern

Was wondering if anyone else with a 13 JK has this annoying shift pattern as mine. It's shifts to 4th gear way to fast. From 0-25mph I'm already in 4th gear. I'm usually stuck behind grandmas so I can't be my normal lead foot. So when I'm doing super slow take offs I end up in 3rd by 15mph and 4th by 25. It's super annoying because then the Jeeps bogged down at low speeds. Dealer said the dreaded "this is normal". I have a Flashpaq thinking it would let me change shift points. But I don't have that option. They must not support on the 13s?
Old 01-08-2017, 01:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Do you have stock tire sizes? If not stock, maybe the Jeep is confused about when to shift.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
Do you have stock tire sizes? If not stock, maybe the Jeep is confused about when to shift.
Yes. Everything is bone stock.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidR3906
I have a Flashpaq thinking it would let me change shift points. But I don't have that option. They must not support on the 13s?
I don't believe any of the programmers on the market will adjust shift points in the auto tranny.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not anymore. For The older Flashpaq you could have purchased an option to change shift points. But like everything else, it only took a few people to dink around with it and claim the Flashpaq screwed up their transmission. Option gone!

For the OP try a different tune, like the tow tune, or 91 performance. These tunes slightly change the shift times.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
Not anymore. For The older Flashpaq you could have purchased an option to change shift points. But like everything else, it only took a few people to dink around with it and claim the Flashpaq screwed up their transmission. Option gone!

For the OP try a different tune, like the tow tune, or 91 performance. These tunes slightly change the shift times.

Thanks for the replies! They emailed me back. They claim they are working on another change your own shift schedule for the Wranglers. We shall see! I have the 93 Octane installed. I may try a few of the other tunes to see what it gets me.

Quick Reply: 13 JKU Annoying Shift pattern