Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2012 warranty work

Old 07-30-2014, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 warranty work

Iam taking my jeep to the dealer tomorrow for a free oil change and was going to see about getting my ebrake and steering wheel buttons fixed. The emergency brake works but not very good and when you pull up on the handle sometimes it lets off some slack it feels like.

The steering wheel buttons on the left side that cycle through the dash displays only work 50% of the time. Not a big deal but its never been right from the beginning and I figure I should get it fixed while I can under the factory warranty.

I have about 21k miles on it. Will they fix the brake and steering controls under the basic warranty?
Old 07-30-2014, 04:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by lateralus
Iam taking my jeep to the dealer tomorrow for a free oil change and was going to see about getting my ebrake and steering wheel buttons fixed. The emergency brake works but not very good and when you pull up on the handle sometimes it lets off some slack it feels like. The steering wheel buttons on the left side that cycle through the dash displays only work 50% of the time. Not a big deal but its never been right from the beginning and I figure I should get it fixed while I can under the factory warranty. I have about 21k miles on it. Will they fix the brake and steering controls under the basic warranty?
You should have 3rys, 36k miles of bumper to bumper. If you still are within that they will fix it for free.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
You should have 3rys, 36k miles of bumper to bumper. If you still are within that they will fix it for free.
The controls should be covered by basic but if the E brake is an adjustment that was only 12/12.......

Quick Reply: 2012 warranty work