Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2012 Water Leak - passenger floor

Old 07-30-2015, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Water Leak - passenger floor

I have a 2012 soft top 2 door. I've recently started getting a water leak into the passenger floor board. Any ideas where I need to search at first. Thanks
Old 07-30-2015, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Skidster
I have a 2012 soft top 2 door. I've recently started getting a water leak into the passenger floor board. Any ideas where I need to search at first. Thanks
Not sure how substantial your leak is but I have a 2012 JKU and I tend to occasionally get leaks up on the top of both front doors that will drip down in between the door frame and the dash and ends up at its final resting place under my floor mats. For me it is not really enough to be concerned about and I usually just keep an eye on it and let the carpet air out if has been moist.

Now once in a great while after a decent rain I will get the pooling of water on the roof that makes it through the seam in the freedom tops and splashes down right onto my dash above the radio. This only happens sporadically so I have to assume its when I remove the tops and do not get them seated into their original "sweet spot".
Old 07-30-2015, 08:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Mine has leaked since I got it at 6,600 miles.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bombout800
Mine has leaked since I got it at 6,600 miles.
LOL yea maybe its only affecting us "crush" JKs . . . .. *sarcasm*

Nice lookin Jeep BTW

Quick Reply: 2012 Water Leak - passenger floor