Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Default 2013 Jeep JKU 6-speed Transmission Noise

I have read through numerous posts on here as well as other forums about noises coming from the transmission area. However I canít seem to find anything that matches what I experience. It only happens around 2k RPM under acceleration, and any gear, and only for about the first 10 to 15 minutes of driving. Itís like a deep rattle coming from the trans. Itís not (at least I doubt it is) a heat shield because I know what that sounds like. The jeep has less than 1000 miles on it and it has done it since day one. I have attached a video link so you can hear it. Sorry for the chitty video, I was using my cell phone. Thanks for the help.

2013 Jeep JKU Sport 6-Speed noise around 2000 rpm - YouTube

Chris

Dude, i have a 13 manual and mine dont sound like that. You need to get some answers at the dealer. Sorry
    2014 Copperhead JKUR

That was my next step, thanks.

Chris

My 2008 had the same noise. It drove me nuts hearing it. I had it at the dealer multiple times and heard the following excuses;

1) Jeeps have noisy transmissions, nothing wrong.
    2) Tech can't replicate or hear noise, nothing wrong.
    3) They all do that, nothing wrong.

I traded it in with the noise at 21k miles, and the dealer replaced the throwout bearing and clutch under warranty at 8k.

I hope you can get it figured out, I never did.
    2010 JKU Mountain Edition - Mango Tango
    Teraflex 2.5 lift
    AEV control arm brackets
    RER MyGig
    35" Mickey Thompson ATZ's
    Procomp cast blast wheels

Sold -2008 Stone white unlimited X
    Full-Traction 3.0" SRS Premium lift-
    34" Mtr's
    6 speed
    3.73 LSD

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Northridge4x4.com

My throw out bearing got replaced and it still makes that soda can crushing sound while under acceleration
    2008 jk sport/x yellow
    285/75r16 toyo M/T on steel wheels
    19/60 springs
    3/4 front spacer
    RC hybrid winch bumper
    Rear bumper delete
    Rear d ring mounts
    9k warn winch
    I like to add stuff to shopping carts online.

JK Newbie

Default 2013 Transmission Noise

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep Rebel View Post
    I have read through numerous posts on here as well as other forums about noises coming from the transmission area. However I canít seem to find anything that matches what I experience. It only happens around 2k RPM under acceleration, and any gear, and only for about the first 10 to 15 minutes of driving. Itís like a deep rattle coming from the trans. Itís not (at least I doubt it is) a heat shield because I know what that sounds like. The jeep has less than 1000 miles on it and it has done it since day one. I have attached a video link so you can hear it. Sorry for the chitty video, I was using my cell phone. Thanks for the help.

2013 Jeep JKU Sport 6-Speed noise around 2000 rpm - YouTube

Chris
    Chris, I'm having the same problem. My 2013 JK Unlimited (6-speed) has only 800 miles on it and I'm experiencing noise and vibration in every gear at 2000 rpm. My dealer's technicians are completely stumped. To their credit, the service guys at Kahlo in Noblesville, Indiana, called Jeep engineers for guidance before tearing apart my brand new transmission. This is my second day in the shop and I still don't have any idea when this will be resolved. I wonder if the guys at Chrysler didn't think through the consequences of going with the bigger engine in the 2013 JK....

Thanks for the response Tom. Keep me posted on what they say. I havent taken mine in yet.

Chris

The NSG370 is rated for 370nm or 278ftlbs. So it's up to the task of the Pentastar, even if they were to switch the the Ram version of the V6 with 269ftlbs in the next few years it will still be fine. Imo the trans aren't buckling under the power they're just built poorly.

JK Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sugar View Post
    Chris, I'm having the same problem. My 2013 JK Unlimited (6-speed) has only 800 miles on it and I'm experiencing noise and vibration in every gear at 2000 rpm. My dealer's technicians are completely stumped. To their credit, the service guys at Kahlo in Noblesville, Indiana, called Jeep engineers for guidance before tearing apart my brand new transmission. This is my second day in the shop and I still don't have any idea when this will be resolved. I wonder if the guys at Chrysler didn't think through the consequences of going with the bigger engine in the 2013 JK....
    I have the same noise/problem in my 13. Haven't taken it in yet. Good to know the techs at Kahlo are being cautious since that's where I'll be taking mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sugar

What size is engine is in the 2013, I thought it was the 3.6l same as the 2012?

11. Default JK-Forum

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast