Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2013 Jeep JKU 6-speed Transmission Noise

Old 10-26-2013, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok!! I did this today but didn't get the chance to drive and test it. I will report my results on Monday.

Thank you very much for posting this tip!!!!!

Originally Posted by kta
For the rattling that stops when tcase shifter is pushed i found the solution.

Its the tcase cable that vibrates against the center pedestal.

Pull the center pedestal trimming out of the way (no need to remove shifters) enough to get access to the bottom front of the center dash. Remove the bottom square panel.

You see from left to right
Tcase cable, a wiring loom and a small wire.

WHat i did is put some rubber hose around the tcase cable and wiring loom right where it comes into contact with the bottom of the center dash, you will see these are hitting against the plastic just above.
Using a rubber hose on the tcase cable doesnt interfere with its operation because the cable is inside the tube so the tube doesnt move.

Hope that helps
Old 11-19-2013, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Default 2013 wrangler 6 speed noise

I am having same issue. Trying to get to bottom of it.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

Not sure this is related but it jumps out of 3rd gear if I don't wind it all the way up to 3k in 2nd before up shifting. What a sketchy gearbox lol
Old 12-31-2013, 06:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default i have a 12 rubicon that does what this guys does!!

Originally Posted by Thugmufin
i have 2k miles on mine… has been making similar noise for about 300 miles.

nothing when cold but after up to temp and have been driving for about 15 min if i put in in neutral foot off the clutch and blip the throttle there is a sound directly below the shifter boot or so it sounds like something is vibrating a lot and occurs between idle and about 1800 rpm then goes away as revs climb… now if i depress the clutch and do the same thing… no sound…

nothing out of the ordinary when accelerating in any gear… just in neutral.
they tell me its roll over noise and theres no sence in trying to resolve that noise some do and some don't do this ive been living with it since the day I took it home , its ver annoying at a bank teller window under a awning you realy here it in neureal I shut it off so it dosent sound like a shit box ( but the tranny reay is ) they also tore into my tranny at 3000 miles replaced syncros and fork cuz it was grinding going from 3rd to 4th after doing that its ok but still has the roll over noise it almost sound as the op shows in his video sounds like a knuckle rotating and hitting the housing in tranny put clutch in ( goes away ) let it out comes back if you raise rpm slightly what ever is rubbing inside tranny has tention on it and goes away but when dropped down to idle speed comes back but even when its raised I think I hear it inside there almost like its the same part hitting something on housing! it puzzles me because all the threads ive read not one has a serious conclusion in two years now to these tranny isues that actually resolved , seems like either live with it or tade it / I havent persued in taking it in because what the original dealer told me about the roll over noise is nothing to be concerned over , but what bothers me is why do we have to live with this crap after paying 30 + thousand dollars I just don't have the fight in me to fight Chrysler I now have 18,000 on it still making noise in neautral wonder if theres a real fix for rollover noise and realy why should I have to live with it?? I like the jeep otherwise looks and its capabilities but lousey trannys I think and we shouldn't be accepting garbage their should be recalls on this ! were not so far and few it seems

Last edited by jeepmojo; 12-31-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:42 AM
JK Newbie

They've used this nsg370 tranny for what, 9 years now since it appeared in the 2005 TJs? You'd think they have it figured out by now. Lol
Old 01-03-2014, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

After multiple trips to the dealer without my issues being resolved I got a lemon law lawyer involved and they ended up buying it back. I wasn't going to put up with the BS, hope some of you other guys have luck in getting yours dealt with. Think I'll just be sticking to the older Jeeps from now on.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default well i didnt want a buy back lol

you don't win that way you actually loose what you wanted id rather resolve the issue at hand not get my money back I still like the new rubicon and I have life time on power train so if it fails they will fix it till then noisey but works . nope not into the lemon thingATTACH=CONFIG]521461[/ATTACH] I like my new jeep
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.png
Views:	49
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	521461  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-05-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Quick Reply: 2013 Jeep JKU 6-speed Transmission Noise