Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2015 Shocks/ Springs

Old 12-22-2016, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Shocks/ Springs

I have a 2015 JKU and was looking at getting a smoother ride. I currently have a Tera flex 2.5 level kit and 17x9 tactik rims. Which do I need to upgrade the shocks or the springs? Any recommendations on brands? Thanks
Old 12-23-2016, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

find you some jku rubi take offs and try them out. they are fairly soft. also check the psi in your tires you dont have to run them at max psi. lowering them a bit can help with ride as well.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:56 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Take a look at our triple rate springs, awesome for on and offload use!

Rk
Old 12-27-2016, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've tried a few different springs over the 184k miles on my 08 JKU. I do like the RK triple rates the best. Nice on road ride and great flex Offroad
Old 12-27-2016, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

What is your end goal and what sort of build do you plan on having ? That will have a lot to do with spring/shock combo you should get and the responses you will get on here will art from person to person.If you have the opportunity to ride in another vehicle that has a similar setup to what you want that's the best way to figure this out.

When I went to Metalcloak springs from stock the ride quality improved even with stock shocks. Adding fox 2.0 resi shocks improved the ride once again. The ride is a bit on the firm side, not uncomfortable,but firm when unloaded and when it's full of people and gear it is a very controlled ride both on and off-road.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metalcloak Springs

I just took off rubi springs and went with metalcloak progressive springs. I kept the rubi shocks with extensions and relocators. I am very pleased with the ride. It is a little firmer and feels more responsive. I was told, however, that shocks have more impact on ride quality.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

The main function of the springs are to hold up the weight. With a higher spring rate it will take more to compress the vehicle and can sometimes lead to a harsh ride. Think Ford F-350 without anything in the bed. Load that sucker up with rocks and it will ride like a Cadillac. Empty is another filling rattling story. And also, just because a spring has a higher rate, that doesn't always mean it will lift, you can have a long spring with a low rate that lifts higher than a shorter spring with a higher rate. A lower spring rate will take less force to compress which leads to a smoother suspension feel. Matching springs with shocks is where the ride quality comes from.

Your shocks are there to control the ride. Light compression and low pressure will float like your grandads Oldsmobile wagon but can get wallowy and unpredictable under multiple compressions( think drainage grate on highway) Too high of pressure and compression without weight and again your in for a rough ride. There is tons of info on here about spring/shock combo. Do some reading and see if you can go for a ride.

Quick Reply: 2015 Shocks/ Springs