Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ABS, ESC & MIL lights on and 300 miles from home...

Old 08-29-2015, 10:57 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Kchunk
The sensor WAS a super easy fix...the connector, not so much. In a ham-fisted fit of Chrysler induced rage...well, let's just say I need a new connector. As a first time Chrysler owner I understand, moving forward, I'll have to get used to this rage and learn to focus it in a more productive fashion. Dealer wants $50 for the "repair kit" .

The original connector is holding for now and the ABS faults cleared so at least it was a good fix...and a frustrating lesson.
This may prove less expensive ...

http://www.wiringproducts.com/oem-af...ess-assemblies
Old 08-29-2015, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mark. I did find that site earlier but didn't recognize the right connector. Unless anyone spoon fed me a part anything would be just a guess at this point.

As for the Manufacturer's part number, I'll update next week. Talking to the guy from the dealership on the phone, I wasn't getting a warm fuzzy that he was entirely understanding what I was asking but we'll see.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:00 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

You could just replace both connector halves. Weatherpak connectors are very common.

http://www.spectrowireandcable.com/p...al+House+2+Way
Old 08-29-2015, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
You could just replace both connector halves.
Yeah. That would be a great idea and I wish it would work, but in this case the other half of the connector is molded into the sensor itself.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	31tQpk7GCIL.jpg
Views:	1164
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	623091  
Old 08-29-2015, 02:11 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Bummer. The fronts aren't like that. Guess it's been too long since I pulled the rears.

How about a junkyard? Cut off what you need and splice it in. I suspect that's what the $50 Mopar repair kit is.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

How do you disconnect the sensor?

Name:	image-2065285554.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	446.7 KB
ID:	624206  
Old 09-10-2015, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

Another pic

Name:	image-3332237456.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	358.8 KB
ID:	624207  
Old 09-11-2015, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

I got it off. You wedge a screw driver at the side closest to the wheel (not the end). The red thing slides back. Then press the black end part and gently unplug it.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ESC/BAS lights on

I just posted the following in a new thread on this forum and then saw this one that gives me some ideas on how to proceed. My JK is a 2010 3.8 and it didn't go into limp mode, but I have the warning lights indicated in my post. It sounds like I need to go to a parts store to have the ABS codes narrowed down. I checked to make sure the speed sensor wires looked good, but I guess one of the sensors could be faulty.

ESP/BAS malfunction

After a wheelin trip on labor day my ESP/BAS indicator light and also the ESP graphic that lights up when you turn the ESP off both stayed on. The next day they were off, but now they've come back on to stay. I have a superchips tuner so I read the DTCs today and had a C123F (Steering angle sensor comparative performance) code. I then tried to clear the code, but it wouldn't clear. I checked to see if my steering wheel had gotten off center and adjusted it a bit, but the lights won't go away. I even drove it around a little in case it takes a bit for the codes to clear. I also had the "small leak in Evap canister" but that code did clear.

Has anyone had this issue and know what to do to fix it?

Shouldn't the Superchips tuner clear the code?

Of course it says in the owners manual to take it do a dealer, but I would rather take care of it myself if I can.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

I don't know much about the chips.

I don't know how many sensors your wheels have. If there are in front or back.

Mine were in the back.

My automotive experience level is changing the oil, changing the sensors id say is about as difficult as this.

Quick Reply: ABS, ESC & MIL lights on and 300 miles from home...