Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Almost spun out ?

Old 08-29-2014, 09:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 213jeep
I noticed my steering wheel was not really steering my tires like it was not working my jeep was moving side to side
O.K something is wrong here , track bar , control arm etc. Steering input with no response + ESC light = something failed.

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
If the steering wheel is not centered it can cause the ESC to freak out.
Indeed

Originally Posted by Ncb
Check both track bars. Could have a broken mount.
Or a wallowed out bolt hole. Normally things do not just all of a sudden show their face like this. Alignment is not something that needs "Regular" adjustment. As parts wear and you re align you are just correcting for slop is all. A trip underneath to find loose parts with a helper rocking steering back and fourth will show tell tale signs of worn parts.

Another thing is way UNDER inflated tires , IMPROPERLY seated and torques lug nuts!!!!! By design the JK came with Hub centric wheels , many after market wheels are LUG-centric and need to have a bit more attention paid to them when mounting like seating the "cone" of the nuts before properly torqueing them or allowing the Jeep to put its weight on the wheels before tightening. A wallowed out lug hole can and will leave nuts behind you!
Old 08-30-2014, 10:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the great advice love this forum !
Old 09-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any update?
Old 09-02-2014, 09:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah the ride is not that bad anymore. It's a little bit off but the hole mess was due to tires rubbing every since I put the spacers it's been good. It's still a little bit of a challenge. To steer but nothing scary getting it checked out for a alignment and suspension toe in toe out in a couple of weeks didn't know getting 35 12.50 18 was going to be such a challenge. What's next guys gear ratios ? Anything good on improving the ride ?
Old 09-03-2014, 01:44 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by 213jeep
.... What's next guys gear ratios ? Anything good on improving the ride ?
You'll get a lot better answers if you fill out the profile information about your Jeep. If you share where you live you may also find the answers change a little (especially when discussing tires or lockers).

Quick Reply: Almost spun out ?