Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone else's 3 wk old 2015 Unlimited Willy's have a really annoying squeaking sound?

Old 03-31-2015, 09:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else's 3 wk old 2015 Unlimited Willy's have a really annoying squeaking sound?

Had it 3 weeks not and last week I noticed there was a slight squeaking sound happening ever so often while driving... I assumed it was the soft top rig, so shrugged it off - it's a jeep, there's going to be noises... but after removing the top completely this weekend and still having it making the sound and the fact that it's frequency has increased to almost all the time now if you are going above 30mph - I have had enough...

Any thoughts? something I might be able to take care of without loosing a day or two at the dealership?

Thanks on advance guys...

Donnie
Old 03-31-2015, 11:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My rear driver suspension squeaks going over bumps. But not unprovoked. I wonder what I can do about mine...
Old 03-31-2015, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Take it back to the dealer.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

I just posted about this exact same issue. I just picked up my 2015 JKUR last night and it's making the same noise you're describing. My happens between 30-40 MPH. Let me know what the dealer says to you if you end up taking it in.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by VEGASRUBI
I just posted about this exact same issue. I just picked up my 2015 JKUR last night and it's making the same noise you're describing. My happens between 30-40 MPH. Let me know what the dealer says to you if you end up taking it in.
Same here, starts about 30-40 mph... almost sounds like a break squeak, so I am wondering if it might be a caliper sticking... doesn't seem to do it on bumps or for any specific reason as far as I can tell... it has gotten more frequent though...

I will have to bring it in... damnit!
Old 04-01-2015, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by roklok
Take it back to the dealer.
X2. And make a service tech ride with you so they hear it. My '15 doesn't make any noises, at least yet..
Old 04-01-2015, 05:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My '15 JKU makes all kinds of cool noises. The first time I took it off road it make some metallic clicking and grinding noises. I narrowed it down and removed the rear brake caliper and rotor as soon as I got off the trail to discover a random nut floating around inside. It doesn't go to anything, was just in there floating around. I get a noise like the one you describe as well, mine happens earlier though, around 10 mph and either stops or gets too high in frequency to hear once you hit 20 or 30 mph. It is worse when starting off going up hill. Next time I have a chance to get to the dealership I'm going to point it out to them.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

For what it's worth, I had the same sound on my 07 JK sport. It ended up being a small rock being stuck behind one of the rear rotors. Eventually I started to hear the sound when applying the brakes as well, which is what helped me know where to look.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine squeaks, creeks, and occasionally rattles. I figure it's just talking to me and letting me know it loves me.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:25 AM
JK Newbie

at the dealer now, i will let you guys know what they say...

Quick Reply: Anyone else's 3 wk old 2015 Unlimited Willy's have a really annoying squeaking sound?